• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Moving Back -Chicago Questions

RobVill619

I've been living and Ubering in San Diego for about 3 years, but am relocating back to the Chicago area next week. I have a full time gig already but plan to drive here and there to add to my vacation fund. Any tip n tricks for a newbie driving in Chicago?

pizza guy

Start by sticking to areas you know well then branching out as you learn more.
Short shifts during busy hours will be more profitable and enjoyable than long shifts.
Learn how to best use the destination filter, especially if you drive to and from work. Sometimes it's best to just drive an couple hours before and after work and have your days off free from all jobs.

LEAFdriver

I've been living and Ubering in San Diego for about 3 years, but am relocating back to the Chicago area next week. I have a full time gig already but plan to drive here and there to add to my vacation fund. Any tip n tricks for a newbie driving in Chicago?
Get used to driving 'blind' in regards to not knowing your pax ratings. The rest of the US (and Lyft drivers) can see their riders' ratings....but Uber drivers in Chicago are for some reason not given this basic perk that all other Uber drivers take for granted. This means you may be picking up some total jerks, but won't know it until you are on your merry way to their destination. And if you think, "Oh, so that means I don't have to rate them after each ride?"
WRONG. :confused: YOU still have to rate them....even though you are not given the benefit of your efforts.

Have fun playing Russian Roulette. :p :rolleyes:

leroy jenkins

Have low expectations. Don't automatically count on Uber money for your budget. Think of it as a nice surprise if your schedule winds up being profitable.

Don't go out of your way to drive----if you have to choose, always pick a social gathering instead of driving.

Stay away from Pizzaguy's sweet spots. He'll shiv you if he finds you.

qiaoxiaopang

Stay away from downtown. Gps doesn't work too well there.

Make sure all signage and pepper work in place before you attempt to work airports.

Don't take pool.

Don't Chase surge.

Use turn signals when changing lanes.
Definitely stay away from Lower Wacker Drive if you are not familiar with the tunnels. GPS will get you killed lol

I'd probably focus on a new part-time gig rather than do Uber. You'll only be wasting time and gas unless you know how to hustle and get lucky with surges.

pizza guy

Have low expectations. Don't automatically count on Uber money for your budget. Think of it as a nice surprise if your schedule winds up being profitable.

Don't go out of your way to drive----if you have to choose, always pick a social gathering instead of driving.

Stay away from Pizzaguy's sweet spots. He'll shiv you if he finds you.
Thanks. Did 6 trips so far today. All but one was a repeat rider.

Greenghost2212

Don't know if its a glitch on uber part but I still can see my pax ratings. Had a couple of 5 star pax today. Will screenshot the next ping.