Mother sues Uber after son takes 300-mile ride alone to Atlanta

part-timer

If her son has all of those issues, how did HE order the ride for himself? As a minor? Unaccompanied?

Yeah, I see this nominee for Mother of the Year winning her case...NOT!

Demon

If her son has all of those issues, how did HE order the ride for himself? As a minor? Unaccompanied?

Yeah, I see this nominee for Mother of the Year winning her case...NOT!
Assuming all of that is true Uber was still negligent.

goobered

It's against Federal law to cross state lines with a minor, without parent or guardian permission.

The driver was absolutely in the wrong to take a minor from SC to GA.

Daisey77

Uber is in the wrong and this will settle out of court.
another easily preventable lawsuit they'll.. pay out on with money they don't have. How hard would it be to have a pop-up window, simply asking, are you over the age of 18 ~yes or no. Person ordering hits confirm ride and Bam are you over the age of 18?

Unleaded

That's a Bull. I always thought that drivers or any account holders Uber has must not be an adult?

If this tech company can't come out with a driverless-car, the driver should be always deemed as an accompany adult for the purpose of the underage rider(s) being transported.
What you just posted really does not make any sense!

ntcindetroit

What you just posted really does not make any sense!
No one was ever forced into a Uber car unless they were thown in by their peer(s). I always assume rider(s) take a look of driver's picture or name to decide if they trust the independent biz owner to drive them or not. If driver/owner is not trusted, they'd cancel three or four times.

Daisey77

It also is a crime if your violating a court custody order me thinks. IE your divorced/ sharing custody of a child11
IDK the only way I think it would be violating a custody order is, if they didn't show up when it is time to exchange custody again. Otherwise the parent is pretty much free to do as they want during their parenting time. . .

Stevie The magic Unicorn

IDK the only way I think it would be violating a custody order is, if they didn't show up when it is time to exchange custody again. Otherwise the parent is pretty much free to do as they want during their parenting time. . .
No...
Did the 4 minutes of research. MANY custody agreements include crossing state lines as a no-no without notification or permission.