1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Most infuriating thing about Quest Bonuses

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by kensteriraq, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kensteriraq

kensteriraq

Driving:
    UberX
    Besides ever dwindling payouts that at this point average about $17 an hour BEFORE expenses the most infuriating thing is for me is Uber Quest always going down the more you drive. I took a couple months off and suddenly my uber quests became worthwhile. The moment I start driving they fall through the floor. This week I'm offered $70 for 30 trips. Last week I had $100 for 28 and it was even better the week before like $125 for 25. Why can't uber just make a standard quest for everyone? They're jerks for their reverse incentives. I was hoping the ouster of Travis would change this particularly incidious practice.

New2This likes this.
  2. pomegranite112

pomegranite112

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup same crap. Now i'm stuck at 43 for 70 for 2 weeks straight. They need a much more predictable system.

It's ineffective. Id push for an extra 2-3 rides if the incentives were reachable and everyone wins.

A system where I can make 40% back of what I've given to uber would make it realistic for everyone because it'd be in line with my goals and uber still makes money

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    kensteriraq likes this.
  3. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I had 25 for 155 this week.
    I guess being online for 58 hrs and taking exactly 0 rides will do that.

Brandon0315 and New2This like this.
  4. You are lucky your trips are the low. I have 155 for 70 trips

kensteriraq likes this.
  5. ItsASecret

ItsASecret

Driving:
    UberX
    I've never hit my quest bonus as I refuse to turn my car into a school bus, I'll let the rookies handle that.

I will continue cherry-picking rides and flushing poop requests down the toilet. It's been working out for me thus far.

kensteriraq likes this.
  6. Zdriver19

Zdriver19

I got 43 trip for $55
    No thank you.

7. ItsASecret

ItsASecret

Driving:
    UberX
    Go on, flush those poop requests down the toilet.

8. kensteriraq

kensteriraq

Driving:
    UberX
    Four weeks ago it was 25 trips for $125. Today it's down to 40 trips for $90. In the last three months I've made maybe three quests total and the moment I started driving again (after the two month break) my quests get harder and harder to hit. I will rarely chase quest and will cherry pick my rides a lot more.

9. Nats121

Nats121

They could take the money from those Quest payments and pay the drivers higher rates, but they'd rather try to control driver behavior instead

10. Cherrypicking can be very profitable

cherry-pickers-_-dutoit-300x240.jpg

11. Upside

Upside

Driving:
    UberX
    5 away from my Quest goal and didn't get any pings for awhile, set a destination and boom get a ping! Anyone else try this?

EthiopianFemalePax likes this.
  12. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    24 for 100.

13. Zdriver19

Zdriver19

Exactly. All poop requests deserve to be flushed down the toilet. Zero poop trips for me.

14. ItsASecret

ItsASecret

Driving:
    UberX
    Keep it up!