• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Most Frequent Lie

Maven

What's the most frequent lie you hear from a PAX? :eek:
For me, it's "There are only 4 people in the car!" while the 5th tries to hide on the floor.
The excessive giggling and whispering give it away every time. :biggrin:

Shangsta

That would never happen to me. I actually watch the folks getting in the car and if there was an extra that trip would never start they would all be told to GTFO

Biggest pax lie: "If you do this, I'll tip you for it." Once you get to their destination they jump out like you are diseased.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I'll just be two minutes."
Good one! Now I watch the clock closely. After 6 minutes (5 plus a one minute buffer), I cancel and I'm gone. Extra leeway given during a surge.
"I know how to drink"
LMAO, I can smell that 10 seconds after the PAX enters my car. It obvious the PAX has TOO much knowledge about drinking yet not enough about STOPPING.

tohunt4me

What's the most frequent lie you hear from a PAX? :eek:
For me, it's "There are only 4 people in the car!" while the 5th tries to hide on the floor.
The excessive giggling and whispering give it away every time. :biggrin:
"She didn't throw up"
"We'll only be in the store a minute"
" Coming right out"

Maven

... a group of five people have snuck into your car while you're sitting in the driver's seat and you didn't notice? More than once?
I almost always notice more than four people trying to get into the car. So I say something. Yet the group thinks that they are so cool (drunk or high) that they can convenience me that math and physics have suddenly been altered in the universe and that now 5=4. So I repeat myself. They whine, plead and continue to lie, but eventually they notice that we are not moving. The histrionics continue, sometimes intensify and a bribe is occasionally mentioned, although rarely does any money actually appear. I am told that I am not being "cool", which I already know, so this does not "wound" me especially deep. I politely, but firmly explain that until their altered reality matches mine that we will not be moving. Eventually, we have a "Vulcan mind meld" and one or more, perhaps all leave the car.

Last edited:

Maven

..."OTHER Uber drivers allow/do it!" :mad: ...
Ditto ... I politely explain that I'm not responsible for what other drivers do. This is how I do it.
..."I'm 18, born in [year] two thousand and..." :confused:
Unaccompanied under 18 is a violation of the rider TOS, but what can happen to a driver (knowing or unknowing)?
... "I'll tip you." :mad:
I politely inquire how much and/or to see the expected tip. Depending on the PAX and my mood, I may request that whatever amount the PAX has volunteered be handed over before we move. Knowing that otherwise the PAX will jump out at the destination and stiff me.

PTUber

Or
"I would tip you if I had cash"
You wouldn't...
and probably has at least a couple bucks in their pocket! Not sure its the most frequent but the one that cracks me up is as said above "I'll tip you" usually after a special request. As soon as they say it I know I aint' gettin' no tip!
Also "the other Uber driver let us "fill in the blank" (no car seat, drink in the car, have 5 PAX, etc.)

DocT

Unaccompanied under 18 is a violation of the rider TOS, but what can happen to a driver (knowing or unknowing)?
I do not transport unaccompanied minors. I tell them to cancel. They respond with the "OTHER Uber drivers allow it!" I politely remind them of the TOS again, and request them to cancel, again. By then, they're frustrated and cancel. I drive off and pull over a few blocks away, and go back to the trip history, select the cancelled trip and report the rider as fraudulent and unaccompanied minors.

nickd8775

"I'm coming out now" - that statement ensures that I wait exactly 5 minutes and not a second longer

"We have 4 people" when I see a group of 5. My response "I thought you had to learn how to count to get into (name of college)". Especially if it's at an Ivy League school

Tihstae

"I would tip you if I had cash"
I have done something close to this as a Pax on business in Vegas. All I had was $20 bills so I apologized to the driver and asked if he had any change as I wanted to tip him. He didn't have any and said it was fine. But I felt really guilty. On the way back to the airport the drive got the tip for the last driver plus the tip for himself which ended up being $10.oo on an $11.00 trip.

I know the first driver thought I was lying. It sometimes happens. I know that I seldom carry cash unless a Pax has tipped me. Funny thing is I had tips on 3 of my first 4 rides as a driver and have not had another in the last month.

Hunt to Eat

That is why I have a Square. I have got 3 tips off of it when people say this. Yes that is 3. Then there are the multiple time when I tell them I have a Square and they get the deer in the headlight look. I know there isn't going to be a tip but at least I get to see them sweat for a bit.
Love it! Nice play.
I have been known to accept a credit card for fees necessary when I return items found in my car. I take credit cards in one of my other businesses, so it's easy to run the card. Of course, their statement shows a charge for ********* TECHNICAL SERVICES, LLC but what do I care?