Most convenient trip ever

OGT

Decided to do some Uber for my first Friday night in forever. I was ready for one last trip and then calling it a night and the passenger lives in the same apartment complex as I do (it's not a terribly huge one either)

Most convenient ending to the day ever
This could also count as most embarrassing, no? Because now they know youre an uber driver.

anteetr

I got one of those late last night from Doylestown to within 3 miles of my front door, 1/2 an hour away. I was very pleasantly surprised because I didn't think I'd get anything at all.

anteetr

So did they fix DF filter? Are these just lucky trips?
I think it's luck because i haven't noticed a pattern of consistency yet. I suspect it's been improved though.

Lyft's is much improved. It works better than Uber's as far as where it takes you but whether you get anything is hit or miss.

rugbymarine

So did they fix DF filter? Are these just lucky trips?
In my case, no DF. Just a lucky trip. I've had a few like that, but none that were quite so perfect. Almost a $30 ride, that I would've driven anyway.

DF either never worked for me, or I wasn't great at manipulating it, so I don't use it unless it's extremely late and actually want to go home.

Hans GrUber

I had a hilarious df to PHL last night. Around 9pm and notice uber calculates 76E as the best way to get to PHL... at 8pm on Friday night... from fort Washington. Haha.

So it's an express pool to a place by Pats and Gino's. I'm driving and take 476 -> 95 and the pax is muttering to her bf about where we are vs where uber says we should be. I like to nip this in the bud so I explain how 76 is backed up to shit as it's Friday night and we will avoid pool matches taking my route. She's like, "no, uber is saying we need to pick up Gavin in Plymouth meeting..." at this point we were past the nova exit and my response was, "Hahahahahahaha. Sounds like Gavin is shit out of luck". Pax did not share my amusement as I let my phone continue to ring. Only tipped me a dollar. Lol.

*Some will point out how I could have doubled back to pick up this pax to get more mileage, but the df had my routed through Philly so it actually would have just been a mess as they could have been anywhere between Plymouth meeting and CC (most likely cc, where I could still TRY justifying 476-95, but didn't need that potential headache)

CidBream

Today's been good so far. Had stacked pings on consecutive trips, for some reason neither one seemed to care about waiting 15+ mins for my first ride to end. The juicy part was I got a long distance pickup on each one, wound up with an extra 15-20 bucks for pretty much no reason just getting double paid on two rides.

Also kicked out a 4.97 because her son smelled like he hadn't showered in a week, which I said to her face about two blocks into the ride. My monthly reminder of why accepting even one pool ride is a horrible mistake. She didn't really even try to argue, I guess she knew. Traded one stars and was on my way, felt good to kick out some stinky [email protected]@@@ers. I'm talking like sinus-piercing devastation, like you took a whiff of the PHL lot porta potties. GTFO

Sixersman1

Had the app on around 1:30a in my apartment. Got a call from a local bar (about 4 miles away). Go to pickup a “Carolyn”. Girl is our roommate. Destination is our apartment. Told her to text next time lol.

Once dropped someone off in Manayunk and as they were getting out got a call from their next door neighbor. Love those coincidences.

DelaJoe

Picked up a young man about 2 blocks from my house which is in the middle of nowhere in Delaware. He doesn't have a car right now. Took him about 15 minutes and he tipped me 4 bucks... Handed him my card.

BikingBob

Had the app on around 1:30a in my apartment. Got a call from a local bar (about 4 miles away). Go to pickup a “Carolyn”. Girl is our roommate. Destination is our apartment. Told her to text next time lol.

Once dropped someone off in Manayunk and as they were getting out got a call from their next door neighbor. Love those coincidences.
Haha did Carolyn tip? That's funny

Sixersman1

Yes. $5. Best part was she was so far in I had to call her when I got there. She gets in and goes. I didn’t even realize it was you. Lol.

Hans GrUber

I have the craziest set of coincidences story, but will have to share another tine

DelaJoe

Picked up a young man about 2 blocks from my house which is in the middle of nowhere in Delaware. He doesn't have a car right now. Took him about 15 minutes and he tipped me 4 bucks... Handed him my card.
Followup on this...he texted me again yesterday at 4:30pm and I took him to work again...he tipped 5 bucks..

Sixersman1

This one is almost too incredible to believe

Around 9 PM on Friday my first call of the night is 1.5 miles from my house two girls going to a local bar . This is on Uber.

Saturday… I start at 11:30 PM and my first two trips end up about 10 minutes from West Chester. I decline a few requests until I see a 25% primetime from the center of West Chester.

This is on Lyft. When I pick this group of four up the first girl immediately goes oh we had you last night… Now I don’t recognize them and I just go along with it because they’re pretty smashed.

They are going to Lansdale… So OK – – good trip… We get about 10 minutes from the Destiination and the girl in the front seat goes where we going? And then realizes they have the one passengers parents address in. She goes – – we live in Limerick… So I take them to 25 minutes back to where I picked these two girls up the night before on a different app with a different name

End up five minutes from my house… And decide that fate has smiled on me and this will inevitably be a needle in a haystack that will never happen again.

This one is almost too incredible to believe

Around 9 PM on Friday my first call of the night is 1.5 miles from my house two girls going to a local bar . This is on Uber.

Saturday… I start at 11:30 PM and my first two trips and up with me a bout 10 minutes from Westchester. Hi decline a few requests until I see a 25% primetime from the center of Westchester.

This is on Lyft. When I pick this group of four up the first girl immediately goes oh we had you last night… Now I don’t recognize them and I just go along with it because they’re pretty smashed.

They are going to Lansdale… So OK – – good trip… We got about 10 minutes from the Destiination and the girl in the front seat goes where we going? And then realizes they have the one passengers parents address in. She goes – – we live in Limerick… So I take them to 25 minutes back to where I pick these two girls up the night before on a different app with a different name

Bus Bozo

Sixersman, that was sweet!

I recently got a 45+ ping sitting on my porch, a weekday at 12:30p. Picked up the pax a few blocks away, she is going to Media. I dropped her off and set DF thinking fat chance. Immediately get a call, this woman is going to Eastern U.....nice! Drop her, within minutes get a ping, this guy is going from Villanova to KoP mall. All were good tippers (odds of that?). So close to $100 in 2 hours, middle of a weekday.

It will never happen again :frown:.