most annoying thing thus far

aparks330

i think so far the most annoying thing i've encountered with riders is when they dont put a location in and then just tell me. "we're going to the airport", or "i'm going to west 55nd whoknowswhere street" like did you miss the part about putting in a location?!?! were instructions not clear?!?! then to top it off they get MAD AT YOU that you don't know how to get there like I RELY ON MY NAVI LADY if you cant take 2 seconds to put in your location ahead of time then bye

one lady actually got really mad at me today because i was like "okay lets just put this in" and said the address into the google voice on the map and she grunted like i was the worst person in the world. LOL BYE

merkurfan

They don't know where they are going. they expect you to know where/how to get there. This is not a taxi service and many newer cab drivers won't be able to find what you are talking about. but they don't care..

but make ONE wrong turn on the way to the place they don't know how to get to.. and they will tell you you are going the wrong way and 1 star you.

RainbowPlate

I think there is definitely a certain subset, fairly small, of pax who get a small power trip from the old-fashioned, order-barking, "take me to such-and-such" cab-riding protocol.

If that's the highlight of their day, then I pity them rather than get angry.

P.S. No pre-entered destination means forfeiting one star.

aparks330

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah for real. i tried to very casually tell the rider that i rely on my navi since im new to driving in the city and she was like "YEAH I CAN TELL" LIKE GO AWAY XD

DB2448

i think so far the most annoying thing i've encountered with riders is when they dont put a location in and then just tell me. "we're going to the airport", or "i'm going to west 55nd whoknowswhere street" like did you miss the part about putting in a location?!?! were instructions not clear?!?! then to top it off they get MAD AT YOU that you don't know how to get there like I RELY ON MY NAVI LADY if you cant take 2 seconds to put in your location ahead of time then bye

one lady actually got really mad at me today because i was like "okay lets just put this in" and said the address into the google voice on the map and she grunted like i was the worst person in the world. LOL BYE

I've had to ask only one rider about where we were going. And he was like "Oh the bank on such and such street" uh, buddy, hate to tell you this, but there's at least two or three banks on that street. Any chance you can give me an address? He complied without getting upset and was very understanding.

merkurfan

I've had to ask only one rider about where we were going. And he was like "Oh the bank on such and such street" uh, buddy, hate to tell you this, but there's at least two or three banks on that street. Any chance you can give me an address? He complied without getting upset and was very understanding.
I had a pax change the destination after we had left on the ride.. He asked first, it was farther away but in the same direction. I said SURE! 5 seconds later the app updated and I hit navigate again.. worked well :smiles: He changed the destination like it was no problem at all. I can't guess entering the first destination takes much work either :wink:

Renaldow

I'm going to suggest learning how the addressing system in your city works. That can go a long way with sussing things out. Also, if someone says, "Take me to 10th and Walker!" like they're in some 40's noire, that's fine. You can put 1000 Walker into the GPS and it's going to take you to 10th and Walker. Of course your city may have some odd addressing system where that's not true, so learn how the addressing system in your city works. Follow up questions are easy. Just be like, "Is that a restaurant or a business....?" and half the time they'll tell you the name of the place they're going or they'll be it's my house, the actual address is....

I've found that most people don't bark locations to be a-holes, they do it because they watched too many movies with people ordering taxis that way.

UberLaLa

In my experience, 9 times out of 10 the pax does not input a destination because they think we see it and will cancel on them because it is too short or too long. It used to be my pet-peeve, but now once they get in I just ask, "So, where we going?" To which they reply with a number of things. From the corner of to Oh, I didn't put it in and they do then. Or, I can tell you how to get there. Which I let them do. Sometimes I tell them, You know we can't see what you have put in for a destination until we start the trip? They are always surprised. Oh! I thought you could. NOPE...lol

William1964

The frustrating things are coming up. Giving out ice water awesome in California Arizona Utah bada New Mexico Florida Georgia Texas Louisiana. But in Chicago we have something that is called winter. Am I supposed to say install a coffee maker hand out hot chocolate heated up heat up the water. Also the one time I gave out water the woman threw up.

SECOTIME

I hate when they get all defensive when you ask for their drop off... like I'm going to stalk you, @@@@@ I need to know where you are going!

SECOTIME

yea just hang a line from the coffee pot onto the headliner and they can suck on it along the ride

Hari Date

In my experience, 9 times out of 10 the pax does not input a destination because they think we see it and will cancel on them because it is too short or too long. It used to be my pet-peeve, but now once they get in I just ask, "So, where we going?" To which they reply with a number of things. From the corner of to Oh, I didn't put it in and they do then. Or, I can tell you how to get there. Which I let them do. Sometimes I tell them, You know we can't see what you have put in for a destination until we start the trip? They are always surprised. Oh! I thought you could. NOPE...lol
Is this something uber is working on? I made a trip today to lax but was nervous about picking up another ride when at lax because I was afraid it would take me even further away from home. We should be able to see the destination before accepring

UberLaLa

Is this something uber is working on? I made a trip today to lax but was nervous about picking up another ride when at lax because I was afraid it would take me even further away from home. We should be able to see the destination before accepring
They do not want us seeing the destination, lest we pick and choose the trips we want. : /

Digits

How about uber requests can only be made after a valid destination put into the app. No destination No way to proceed with the request. This has nothing to do with the drivers being able to see the destination before picking up the pax. Also it will force the pax to start with a destination and then if required they can update it after letting the driver know if need be. Just my 2 cents as it makes the entire process more polished.

MR5STAR

I may be in the minority but i really dont mind it. I am familiar enough with DC to know the general direction and ill just imput it at a red light if i absolutely have to.

Digits

I made the biggest mistake of picking up a drunk with a 3.0 rating which I realized after I had accepted the ride and out of curiosity wanted to see what makes him a 3.0, BIG mistake.. he dropped the pin at a 7/11 at 4am and came out from behind a dumpster,he looked like a giant and sat in the front seat, He had no destination fed in the app and had no clue where he wanted to go,in his confused state he gave me a few vague addresses and finally said take me to downtown, "where in downtown"? And replies "Anywhairre"!! So off we go, after reaching one of the main streets of downtown,I pulled over to complete the tormenting ride (he was loud,gibberish,stinky,intimidating,probably gay as I heard the words motel and dollars thrown in his slurry speech,suggesting I go to a motel for $$ with him . He refused to get out of the car upon reaching downtown and started throwing random addresses as to where I should have driven him, now at the brink of my patience,I pretended to call 911 and report the incident,he vanished in the mist immediately, lesson learnt and gave him a 1*.

Emp9

i tell them i like it in the app for insurance, its also good so we dont get screwed out of a cheapo insufficient route.