1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Morning, mid-day, evening or late night?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Dollar Driver, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Dollar Driver

Dollar Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello fellow drivers

I'm curious when you find the most profitable and least stressfull time to drive ? I usually start late afternoon/early evening and work until around midnight. I usually don't work weekends. I'd like to try mornings sometimes but I have other obligations. I just got accepted for Ubereats a couple of days ago but I haven't done any deliveries yet. What's the best day and time for Ubereats in your area? I'm in South Florida.
    Thanks

tohunt4me and Grahamcracker like this.
  2. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello Dollar,

Welcome to the site.:) You may get a better answer by asking this question in a Southern Florida forum. Here is a link to Miami forum https://uberpeople.net/forums/Miami/

I hope you find the answer you are searching for. Thank you for joining and be well.

tohunt4me and New2This like this.
  3. Dollar Driver

Dollar Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you

Grahamcracker likes this.
  4. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Most profitable and least stressful are mutually exclusive.

5. Start with rush hour drives.

After 2 weeks of that, you will find that EVERYTHING is more profitable AND less stressful.

6. New2This

New2This

It really depends on your preferences.

I hate rush hour especially mornings so I don't do it.

I have friends here that do it and clean up.

To each his/her own.

Dollar Driver and tohunt4me like this.
  7. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL

I like early morning airport runs. followed my morning rush our... (Here in SW Florida we really dont have a rush hour)

New2This, Dollar Driver and tohunt4me like this.
  8. Drive them ALL.

DRIVE THEM ALL FOR 48 HOURS STRAIGHT.

Because
    Each market is different.
    So you must learn for yourself.

Steve_TX likes this.
  9. TDR

TDR

Uber strategy is same when drive. It’s same issues worldwide. Uber is 24/7 operation with independence. Every individual has his own expectation and understanding. That is up to you to decide. Think, drive and read forum. Anylize. Good luck!!!!

tohunt4me and New2This like this.
  10. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Experiment and find what works for you in your area.

And find out when large conventions will be in town. Add major sporting events too.

With the sports, estimate when people will be leaving. There are *always* people leaving early.

I drove for a couple recently, who left a close playoff game very early. Seems they had "problems with their tickets." They tipped in the app right away too.

The reason you want to drive people FROM sporting events is that they're all leaving from the same place. So go there, assuming it's not 30 or 50 miles from your house.

Christine

11. Dollar Driver

Dollar Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you.

So far late afternoons, evenings and nights have been working well. It's steady and I hit surge pricing sometimes.
    There are nights when I can't work but I still have a goal to meet. I live near a few venues for sports and concerts. Thanks for the advice.

tohunt4me, Steve_TX and Christinebitg like this.
  12. TDR

TDR

Doing uber/Lyft is never be good money. Because it’s old for the public. Raising prices will cut demand. Same problem will be forever. Time to find something better!!!!

13. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Generally the least stressful will be the least profitable and the most stressful will be the most profitable.

New2This and Dollar Driver like this.
  14. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    Early AM in my market. I start at 4AM for airport runs and do 4-8 of those by 10AM.

Dollar Driver likes this.