More UberPool rate cuts in EB & SB

soupergloo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This isn't a rate cut ? They are subsidizing the rides

Edit, can you guys imagine who you are going to be picking up at these rates :rolleyes:

just went from a little decent pax to literally all the 17 year olds in the east bay plus their weed dealers haha
drivers are still getting paid less to do those rides ..

honestly, I haven't been to SB or EB in weeks and it's been great! I'm on verge of not taking SFO rides anymore unless it's surge.

manuella

drivers are still getting paid less to do those rides ..

honestly, I haven't been to SB or EB in weeks and it's been great! I'm on verge of not taking SFO rides anymore unless it's surge.
Mmm why give up sfo rides ? That place is quickly becoming a gold mine.

Although the 2x surge rides sometimes appear questionable, it's as though the surge isn't getting applied to pay out , too lazy to check but may be tonight I will.

soupergloo

Mmm why give up sfo rides ? That place is quickly becoming a gold mine.

Although the 2x surge rides sometimes appear questionable, it's as though the surge isn't getting applied to pay out , too lazy to check but may be tonight I will.
my payouts are less than $20 for airport rides and it takes 20 mins minimum to get back into the city. I never wait in the SFO que lot because you can't use the destination filter to only get SF rides and I don't want to end up in South Bay. If I get pinged right away when I'm leaving airport property (sometimes before) and it has surge attached, I'll take it.

Steve_from_SanJose

my payouts are less than $20 for airport rides and it takes 20 mins minimum to get back into the city. I never wait in the SFO que lot because you can't use the destination filter to only get SF rides and I don't want to end up in South Bay. If I get pinged right away when I'm leaving airport property (sometimes before) and it has surge attached, I'll take it.
How do you turn down the pax do you start trip first or do you ask then cancel. How do you cancel under Other?

manuella

interesting I see what you mean the way I see it , it's easy 20$ I only do 100 trips a week to the maximum which aren't hard to hit so even occasional Cupertino trips don't hurt I come out ahead compared to driving 3 hours with no surge in the city but I figure dead miles count with your GTI

soupergloo

How do you turn down the pax do you start trip first or do you ask then cancel. How do you cancel under Other?
I always use the excuse "I don't have enough gas to get there" when I don't want to take a ride .. it never caused an argument and it gets them out of my car the quickest

uberist

This isn't a rate cut ? They are subsidizing the rides

Edit, can you guys imagine who you are going to be picking up at these rates :rolleyes:

just went from a little decent pax to literally all the 17 year olds in the east bay plus their weed dealers haha
don't accept guberpool or cancel, don't give rides to any minors

Uberslave415

oh, you can still cancel as long as you haven't driven very far .. slide end trip and it will tell you you haven't gone far enough and then it will give you the option to cancel.
If you start the trip and then cancel, can the passenger do something about your rating?

NASCAR1991

But do you start trip first ? If so you have to end trip and cannot cancel.
Lmao...you'll figure it out one day. Experiment with the app its there...lil
If you start the trip and then cancel, can the passenger do something about your rating?
Of course not.

Bottom line all of you have a chance to practice and get to know the system better on ur own pax app.
Request your self...and do what ever you like and see how your experiments reflect on your pax app.
What's so hard

Euius

Stop accepting pool requests. Why do you want to work for less money. We are here to make money and not give discounted rides. If Uber wants to discount a ride, they could cover the cost. Remember, it is your car. You pay for the insurance that has become more expensive because now you are doing ride sharing, you are adding wear and tear to your car, you have to cover the gas, you have to pay for the repairs and more. Look what Uber is doing in California. Do you want to work for 65% less? Well Do You?
This is an SF forum, and you're ignorant of the SF market, including the bonuses.

That's the problem with being automatically negative, you just spout off when you're ignorant of all the facts. I'll take my $3.50 bonus for every Pool pickup, as there's not only no chance of maintaining a 75% acceptance rate without accepting Pool, but there's also no way to reach 100 rides in a week in the time I have available without accepting them.

NASCAR1991

This is an SF forum, and you're ignorant of the SF market, including the bonuses.

That's the problem with being automatically negative, you just spout off when you're ignorant of all the facts. I'll take my $3.50 bonus for every Pool pickup, as there's not only no chance of maintaining a 75% acceptance rate without accepting Pool, but there's also no way to reach 100 rides in a week in the time I have available without accepting them.
Extra 4.25 if you 120 driver.

The only thing i ever agreed with you in this whole time. Pool is good for sf market.

NASCAR1991

Pool isn't good for SF drivers even if you do 120 rides .

all you have to do to know how bad pool and those 120 rides are is feel the toll it takes on your body or your mind.

It's not a way to live
Cant disagree more.
120 rides should take 40 hours max.
I usually do only 100 roughly 27...33 hours.
Usually i make 1100...1300 for that time after all incentives.

At 120 and 40 hours that be close to 1500 after incentives.

If you doing it as a job what tha do you expect make 1500 in 10 hours???
Full time jobs are 40 a week. This is what this is at 120