More Uber Scams!

Rideshareguy123

This seems to be looking like another slow week....to try and clear up some of my confusion as to why, I decided to park in various busy areas in san diego at peak surge times and I discovered a new Uber scam. At first I thought we were being inundated with ants who are on spring break..but after checking my pax app in each of the areas I was able to confirm that demand has remained strong and when I checked rates for specific trips ( airport, convention center, petco park, etc.) THE RATES DID INDEED RISE dramatically, almost doubling in some instances, with the next available driver 8-10 minutes or more away. However, when I checked my driver app guess what???? You guessed it....NO SURGE!! So, my thoughts are that maybe they are conducting some tests or they want to see how far they can push pax and drivers..it seems like outright fraud to me.

Transportador

Uber was soo dead last night. Lyft was kinda OK. I was wondering if they were doing something fishy sure enough.

Rideshareguy123

It's been very unpredictable. But clearly they're testing the market. About Two weeks ago, out of the blue they posted surge of between $11-$19 dollars in the miramar area close to the hub at about 3pm on a tuesday. There was no crazy demand or events .it was very random. I was lucky to be in the area....+$17 surge!
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-03-26-15-51-56-1.png
    Capture+_2019-03-26-15-51-56-1.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 41

Transportador

It's been very unpredictable. But clearly they're testing the market. About Two weeks ago, out of the blue they posted surge of between $11-$19 dollars in the miramar area close to the hub at about 3pm on a tuesday. There was no crazy demand or events .it was very random. I was lucky to be in the area....+$17 surge!
Wow, we need an app to alert us when this happens. Maybe Siri should wake me up for this, LOL.

CJfrom619

Yea ive seen a few random high surges at weird times the last few weeks. Not sure if its a glitch or not but I haven’t been lucky enough to be in those areas to catch one. The surge was high like $12-20 but everytime it was like that the surge died very quickly.