More Self Driving Vehicles in NSW

Sydney Uber

Who wants to pay for or ride with a whinging driver?

What cab/Rideshare/Hire Car company wouldn’t want to keep the percentage a driver would normally keep AND free up an extra seat for a paying passenger?

That’s what this is all about,

snert

I see the first driverless train journey was made in WA a few weeks ago in the Pilbara.
Although there was no driver on board, it was being driven by remote control.......WTF?
If it's so hard to have a driverless train in such a remote region, what chance of driverless cars in the CBD?

Who is John Galt?

I see the first driverless train journey was made in WA a few weeks ago in the Pilbara.
Although there was no driver on board, it was being driven by remote control.......WTF?
If it's so hard to have a driverless train in such a remote region, what chance of driverless cars in the CBD?

snert that doesn't sound right. I believe there have been driverless trains in the Pilbara and elsewhere in remote WA, for a lot longer than a couple of weeks. My understanding was that that technology was put into practice a long time ago.

I will have to check this with an old friend of mine who was working in the Rio Perth control centre for the remote trucks on site, up until about two months ago when she took up a position with another mining company in Canadia.

snert

snert that doesn't sound right. I believe there have been driverless trains in the Pilbara and elsewhere in remote WA, for a lot longer than a couple of weeks. My understanding was that that technology was put into practice a long time ago.

I will have to check this with an old friend of mine who was working in the Rio Perth control centre for the remote trucks on site, up until about two months ago when she took up a position with another mining company in Canadia.

Mr Galt, I hope you are not suggesting I made this story up.................
They have been planning this for many years now, and done lots of testing but I think this is the first actual real delivery.

https://www.afr.com/business/rio-ro...t-in-rail-freight-gamechanger-20180713-h12n64