1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

More rate cuts?

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Jose_A, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jose_A

Jose_A

Driving:
    UberXL
    So on the DC uber drivers Facebook page, there's been talk about more rate cuts coming today. I haven't been able to find any actual statements from uber about this, but I'm royally freaked out right now. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I honestly don't see any reason at all for cutting rates, especially with the increased demand, and if the rates go down at all, I'm up and done.

UberSaur likes this.
  2. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

No rate cuts, just drivers talking about nothing

3. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Couple other cities went into effect today

4. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    About time too. Banks aren't big enough anymore to accept our million dollar paychecks.

UberSaur likes this.
  5. Jose_A

Jose_A

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm pretty relieved now. The guy was erroneously referring to the Phoenix cuts.

6. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    The "Really new and really even more exciting" rates have not arrived here Y-E-T.

7. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

Had a uber employee as a pax before and was talking about rate cuts and he said he didn't think it would go lower in DC as it is a unique market and they didn't need to lower rates.

8. You should've asked him to define "unique market."

9. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Exactly, because several big known markets are now the lowest in the land, would love to know what makes DC so special that they are immune to any more rate cuts

10. What cities ?

11. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Phoenix was one and I don't have the other one confirmed, but they went into effect sept 11th

No city is safe from cuts at anytime

12. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Perhaps the definition of "unique market" is a market where cutting rates does not affect the passenger volume. When I signed on to UberX, the pings came fast-and-furous. The pings still come fast-and-furious. I am hauling the same number of passengers that I always have hauled. The difference is that I am doing so for twenty-two per-cent less than I was when I started.

Txchick, Aztek98 and Bart McCoy like this.
  13. elelegido

elelegido

90 cents per mile now in Phoenix. Ouch.

14. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    If anyone does real math, that's just crazy

15. I'm 100 % sure the rate not going down !!!

16. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    in DC? how can you be so sure
    maybe not go down today, or next week, but sure that its never going down?
    inquiring minds want to know how

17. Week ago my insurance contact me told me that I have to renew my policy and new one is more expensive I usually pay 200$ for premium now making pay 650$ the reason is because of I'm TNC driver so that's why be aware anyone who's in TNC can have trouble as me )) so this coming Monday I have to go to dmv and cancel TNC stupid uber news that after apply TNC we going to pay more insurance plus property tax like In Va without TNC we have 50% off the tax as we use it for personal use but now tax 100% plus insurance is expensive so conclusion uber will keep the rate and lick drivers ass to make them stay calm ))))

18. Plus dmv informs a insurance companies about livery drivers as TNC so))))

19. Zeus

Zeus

What insurance do you have ?
    And can you have your insurance lowered back to normal after you cancel

20. Robba Fett

Robba Fett

Driving:
    UberX
    Im in Fayetteville, North Carolina, no word, text, message, calls or emails about any cuts over here.