More Pool Requests

Toonces-the-cat

Today I had so many pool requests I barely made any $$$$. I am here to make money and not to give discounted rides to people who do not appreciate it. If you drive pool you are a fool. Know pool. No pool.

LA Dispatcher

Get use to it. It's all data driven. Look at the lower rates during rush hour. Why? Because you are more likely to get matched and Uber makes profit. Don't blame pax for being consumers. Don't help Uber make profit off of pool by accepting additional pax.

nestle1166

If your on a pool get the extra and explain to passenger the accepted pool. Anything else is stupid ...

Take the ride get your bucks and quit for the day or work on but know your worth. Some here think totally unskilled work is worth more than $10 an hour but bottom line it is not. Earn your bucks and your done. $75 a day is a good plan.

UberMikeyX

I used to complain about Pool too, but Uber is pushing it so much that 7 of 14 of my rides yesterday were Pool. It's nearly unavoidable unless you just don't care about your numbers. With Pool now, the only people ordering UberX are people in a hurry or people that don't like being surrounded by a car load of strangers. Pool riders order Pool to save money, because Uber is their primary source of transportation. Thanks to Uber less and less people own cars now.

I am more concerned what will happen to our income once Uber rolls out their monthly membership program. Who else has seen this? I got a survey a few days ago and it asked me questions about what I would subscribe to. I answered "None" to all the membership options. I foresee it decreasing our income across the board if all riders started subscribing to a monthly Uber membership and have access to free rides at a monthly cost of only $100 or less. Right now, a monthly Metro pass is $100, but can you imagine going anywhere you want at anytime for only $100? It's going to change the market and force Metro to change their rates to keep up!

In the end, guess who will pay the price for this reduced cost?

...US

Tuhes

I used to complain about Pool too, but Uber is pushing it so much that 7 of 14 of my rides yesterday were Pool. It's nearly unavoidable unless you just don't care about your numbers. With Pool now, the only people ordering UberX are people in a hurry or people that don't like being surrounded by a car load of strangers. Pool riders order Pool to save money, because Uber is their primary source of transportation. Thanks to Uber less and less people own cars now.

I am more concerned what will happen to our income once Uber rolls out their monthly membership program. Who else has seen this? I got a survey a few days ago and it asked me questions about what I would subscribe to. I answered "None" to all the membership options. I foresee it decreasing our income across the board if all riders started subscribing to a monthly Uber membership and have access to free rides at a monthly cost of only $100 or less. Right now, a monthly Metro pass is $100, but can you imagine going anywhere you want at anytime for only $100? It's going to change the market and force Metro to change their rates to keep up!

In the end, guess who will pay the price for this reduced cost?

...US
Yep....I noticed dramatic changes in the number of pool requests when Fuber introduced flat fare update 2 weeks ago. So it seems that I'm not alone noticing it...But others seems not to be complaining...so it maybe just luck of the draw for some people

Tedgey

With Pool now, the only people ordering UberX are people in a hurry or people that don't like being surrounded by a car load of strangers.
First of all, NOBODY likes being surrounded by a carload of strangers.

But you forgot pool's biggest customer. It's the passenger that comes to expect pool to be half the price of X with no additional stops. Make them give something back for that money they took from you. Make them give you their precious time. The one thing they can never get back in their lives. WASTE IT. WASTE THEIR TIME. WASTE THEIR LIVES! They gave you that right when they took the money out of your pocket and if you don't make them pay with their precious time, they'll do it over and over again.

LA Dispatcher

Like one of my posts with an avatar like that???
I've come to accept pool. Every pool I do Uber loses money since I rarely pick up additional pax. I've learned a couple tricks from this forum on avoiding additional pool pax without timeouts. Your threads about pool have a lot of good info drivers can benefit from.

Tedgey

I've come to accept pool. Every pool I do Uber loses money since I rarely pick up additional pax. I've learned a couple tricks from this forum on avoiding additional pool pax without timeouts. Your threads about pool have a lot of good info drivers can benefit from.
Uber is happy to lose money on pool rides. You're not sticking it to them by not accepting additional passengers. You're saving your rating, you're doing less work for the same money, I get both those motivations but don't kid yourself. Uber has Bbbbbbbillions. It'll be forever before they run out of cash subsidizing pool.

Why do they care? Travis has given Ted talks hyping pool. The highest ranking officers in the company have given interview after interview explaining how smart they are by coming up with yet another game changing innovation. They have more invested in this than we can imagine and they're not going to give it up because their company loses a little money on unmatched rides. They'll only give it up when the passengers reject it.