More Noob Questions

Clarusmoof

So had a decent 3 hour evening this past Saturday! But had a couple of questions, when one gets a ride request we as drivers never see their destination until we actually start the ride? How does one handle not wanting to drive long distances with rider?

Also, I turned down a lot of rides during my trips, that weren't even halfway done! While driving I can't really see or read what the ride request is so I decline the ride. Besides, I still have a passenger in my car and 10 minutes left in the ride! When accepting these rides does the system account for the time left to drop off the current rider?

Again, thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions!

Rockocubs

Long trips should say 45+ minutes so you know , also it accounts time with passengers, a lot of time your picking up real close to where your dropping off at. I loved stacked pings means no waotong around.

Rwdoughboy

So had a decent 3 hour evening this past Saturday! But had a couple of questions, when one gets a ride request we as drivers never see their destination until we actually start the ride? How does one handle not wanting to drive long distances with rider?

Also, I turned down a lot of rides during my trips, that weren't even halfway done! While driving I can't really see or read what the ride request is so I decline the ride. Besides, I still have a passenger in my car and 10 minutes left in the ride! When accepting these rides does the system account for the time left to drop off the current rider?

Again, thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions!
What works great for me is two things, depending on which way I want the ride to go (take the ride or cancel the ride after these two proposals to the rider)

If I to want to take the ride - I explain and propose to the rider that I am more than willing to take them to where they are going BUT Uber does not pay me for the return trip. If they, the rider is willing to pay for my gas only for the return portion of the trip (In Cash as a tip before the ride starts) I will take them. Other wise they are free to cancel the trip. If they accept then do the math - return trip distance divided by your average mpg times current price of gas per gallon. Both sides get what they want Fairly !!!

If I do not want to take the ride - I explain and propose to the rider that I am more than willing to take them to where they are going BUT Uber does not pay me for the return trip. If they, the rider is willing to pay me for the return portion of the trip too (In Cash as a tip before the ride starts) (Whatever it cost to get there is the cost for the return trip) I will take them. Other wise they are free to cancel the trip This proposal usually ends up with them canceling the trip and I am happy and move on. If they accept my proposal I am double happy since I now get paid each way for the long trip. Both sides get what they want.

DieselkW

Lyft will tell you the direction of the ride, and the approximate duration of the ride if your acceptance rate for the week is over 90%

So, a pickup near Keystone Crossing with a 35 minute ride Southwest is likely an airport run. ACCEPT and ROLL. High tip probability and all highway miles.
This way I don't have to roll unless the fare is longer than the pickup, or in the direction I want to go. I will not pickup any pax that expects me to roll ten minutes for a minimum. Accept and stay put until they cancel. If they call, tell them to cancel. If they ask why, I tell them my doctor said what I have might be catching.

One time I told her my seeing eye dog is having trouble finding my car. Immediate cancel.

Rockocubs

Lyft will tell you the direction of the ride, and the approximate duration of the ride if your acceptance rate for the week is over 90%

So, a pickup near Keystone Crossing with a 35 minute ride Southwest is likely an airport run. ACCEPT and ROLL. High tip probability and all highway miles.
This way I don't have to roll unless the fare is longer than the pickup, or in the direction I want to go. I will not pickup any pax that expects me to roll ten minutes for a minimum. Accept and stay put until they cancel. If they call, tell them to cancel. If they ask why, I tell them my doctor said what I have might be catching.

One time I told her my seeing eye dog is having trouble finding my car. Immediate cancel.
Yes i have been doing a little more lyft lately and like that feature, My rule of thumb is a longer trip than pickup and when they add to the que you loose that option so if longer than 5 minutes i cancel it and the ones added to your que aren't susposed to cancel against you.