• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

More Kids no Carseats

Bevital

No more Zoo pickups for me . . . Once again, I get called out to the Zoo from Downtown (Hyatt). Saturday afternoon, I should have known better. I show up, PAX is a very attractive Hispanic Woman with two kids. I roll down the window and ask her "how old are your kids"? She gives me a bewildered look, and asks "what"? Then I repeat. She replies "they are four". Then she says, "the Uber who brought us here didn't say anything".

I apologize with the nicest voice I can muster, cancel the ride and drive off.

This happens to me at least once or twice a month. I've written about it here. And it still pulls at my heart strings. A Mom takes her kids for a fun day at the zoo, and at the end of a wonderful day, the A* hole Uber driver refuses to pick them up.

For those who don't know, in New Mexico, it's the drivers responsibility. And if you are in an accident with an unrestrained child in the car, its game over. Not to mention, if a little kid were seriously hurt or killed, how would you ever sleep again? Even, if the kids aren't hurt, if the cops show up, you can get a reckless endangerment ticket. Again, game over, no more Uber Driver.

http://www.safernm.org/laws.aspx

Devildog

No more Zoo pickups for me . . . Once again, I get called out to the Zoo from Downtown (Hyatt). Saturday afternoon, I should have known better. I show up, PAX is a very attractive Hispanic Woman with two kids. I roll down the window and ask her "how old are your kids"? She gives me a bewildered look, and asks "what"? Then I repeat. She replies "they are four". Then she says, "the Uber who brought us here didn't say anything".

I apologize with the nicest voice I can muster, cancel the ride and drive off.

This happens to me at least once or twice a month. I've written about it here. And it still pulls at my heart strings. A Mom takes her kids for a fun day at the zoo, and at the end of a wonderful day, the A* hole Uber driver refuses to pick them up.

For those who don't know, in New Mexico, it's the drivers responsibility. And if you are in an accident with an unrestrained child in the car, its game over. Not to mention, if a little kid were seriously hurt or killed, how would you ever sleep again? Even, if the kids aren't hurt, if the cops show up, you can get a reckless endangerment ticket. Again, game over, no more Uber Driver.

http://www.safernm.org/laws.aspx
It happens way more than it should. Two options, tell her it's against every US state law and that she needs to cancel the ride or it gets reported to the police. If that doesn't work, cancel with no car seat, then call UBER if they don't pay you. Don't hang up til you see the Rider Cancel credit in your acct.

Uber has NEVER given me money they owe me via email and many times over the phone.