More improvements to the Uber partner app

John Highway

We heard your feedback - introducing
the uberPOOL pickup timer

Starting today, when you arrive at an uberPOOL rider’s pickup location, you will see a timer in your app that will count down from 2 minutes. This is to help you track the 2 minute wait time for POOL pickups.

If a rider arrives before the 2 minute wait time is up, you can begin the trip and be on your way. If the rider does not arrive within 2 minutes, the timer will run out and prompt you to cancel and receive the $5 no-show fee.

Pickups on uberPOOL
How it will work

When riders take uberPOOL they agree to a 1 minute wait time. This change will help you know when to cancel on late riders, making the POOL experience better for you and other riders in the car.

Note that you will only receive the no-show fee if you have waited at the rider’s pickup location for at least 2 minutes.

UberSaur

Yes but does pax no-show still count toward driver cancelation rate? Does the driver still get penalized by timeouts through no fault of his own?

wk1102

Timer for pool...why not one for x...this is straight bull....cause they really don't want to punish pool riders....this is just a way to get them to move their butts,so uber can make more money....they are simply trying to train the pax.
You are absolutely correct. Uber does not do things for the drives best interest only to benifit Uber.

rv5

Yes but does pax no-show still count toward driver cancelation rate? Does the driver still get penalized by timeouts through no fault of his own?
yes they still count towards the driver's cancelation rate and drivers may be penalized by timeouts and/or permanent deactivation from the uber platform for a high cancelation rate.

UberMetalPunk

yes they still count towards the driver's cancelation rate and drivers may be penalized by timeouts and/or permanent deactivation from the uber platform for a high cancelation rate.
That's messed up man.... I'm depressified now.

whatislife

yea I don't think anyone here has to worry about cancellations. I have like 10 rides per week and prob 9+ cancels lool still out there uberin boys

TahoeAl

I noticed one additional feature last night. "The Last Trip" feature was available while on a trip.

rv5

yea I don't think anyone here has to worry about cancellations. I have like 10 rides per week and prob 9+ cancels lool still out there uberin boys
do you get nastygrams from uber regarding your high cancelation rate?
i cancel 4-5 per week out of 40 rides and get texts from uber regarding my high cancelation rate.
do you just ignore the messages? or do you not get them? have you ever received a warning regarding high number of cancelations?

whatislife

do you get nastygrams from uber regarding your high cancelation rate?
i cancel 4-5 per week out of 40 rides and get texts from uber regarding my high cancelation rate.
do you just ignore the messages? or do you not get them? have you ever received a warning regarding high number of cancelations?
not recently but i've gotten one before but they said that i'd be put on 2 min time out. wanted to respond with "GLADLY @@@@@"

tee hee

they heard our feedback? let's bomb them with requests for uber tips. and also grant drivers stock based on how many rides they did!

i sent them an email asking them to give drivers stock shares based on lifetime trips.