• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Money

Willieg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick, try a new strategy on where you hang out. 41 rides in 3 days for me & I don't work after dark.

Nick3946

I've been doing for a while and have decided not to do too many rides. Just does not pay. I will usually only take a ride when I'm heading to work/home and if it's nearby. It sounds like you may have a good system though if you're getting that many rides.

Nick3946

I would not feel comfortable having a tip sign in my car.

I did receive a $5 and $10 tip last night during the Coldplay concert. Sometimes people amaze me!

Of course I pick and choose which rides to take... have not been accepting over 80%. Uber keeps locking me out after three rejects for two minutes. WHO CARES ANYMORE! Also amazes me what idiots some other drivers are. BOK letting out, they take the first call... wait 5-min for the surge dummies.

supermaltese

Nick, try a new strategy on where you hang out. 41 rides in 3 days for me & I don't work after dark.
A new strategy could work. I just got my first weekly statement. 28 rides, 4 days, 21 hours logged, $158.88 payout...

That's $7.34 an hour. I haven't calculated car expenses yet, but I'm pretty sure gas alone is making this not worth it. Am I paying for the privilege of driving for Uber?

Nick3946

Yep, it's a privilege. Especially for the guy that drives a Cadillac Escalade at the airport for UberX or XL, but I'm sure usually gets X. That nets about $8 from airport to downtown Tulsa.

Mikeoftulsa

Hmm, not sure what you guys are doing wrong but I'm making 100-200/ night driving for Uber on the weekends and another 30-70/night during the week nights. But I'm picky about who I pick up and I'll work late nights.

Based on my math, I'm taking home on average $20.00 for ever gallon of gas I spend. So I net about $18/gallon of gas on a slow night.