Money Good in Chicago?

lolzface

How's the money in Chicago? I'm a full time Uber driver in Dallas and I plan on relocating to the area next year. I make about $200 a day, only because I pick up from DFW airport to get longer rides. Is making this amount of money possible there? And am I able to pick up from O'Hare or would I need a certain permit to do so? Thanks in advance :smiles:

Szuras

depending how many hours you gonna drive , you can make 200 a day , you dont need any special permit to work at airports ( we have 2 airports midway and ohare) , i`m personaly not big fan of airports ( no surge )

Goal Digger

You can for sure make 200$ a day. I have been doing that all summer. 4 hours in the morning (6am-10am) and the 4 in the evening (8pm-12am). I try to do 100$ at a time while avoiding the pm rush. If I kill it and do like 125$ in the morning or more, makes my evenings better. Sometimes I'll skip the evenings to watch these Cubbies :rolleyes:

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Sure come on up. The weather's terrific, the roads are urban artwork and the cost of living is no higher than in NYC. The mass transit system is a joy to ride, giving one countless pleasurable engagements with your fellow citizens. And the gig economy is rip roaring along! If guber doesn't work, then door dash, postmates and GrubHub are equally profitable.

And unlike in Dallas, where the citizens shoot the police, up here it's mostly the other way around. There aren't more than a dozen shootings per day however, you still gotta learn what gunfire sounds like for sure. You can usually duck out of the line of fire though. There's always a garbage dumpster in sight, those make pretty good cover (they're made of metal so they stop bullets pretty good).

And guberxer's are balling for sure. On that $200 per day you won't need more than three roommates to rent an apartment in a decent, low crime neighborhood. Then there's the abundant free parking. Of course your car is going to get ticketed unmercifully, ultimately booted, then legally stolen by the City. So you might end up an guber rider instead of a driver!

But sure, if you don't mind the worst public school system in the country, highest property taxes in the Midwest, a bankrup State Government, an equally bankrupt and thoroughly corrupted City Government, and if you appreciate a City serious about getting murders done while simultaneously maintaining a robust heroin trade, then this is the place for you! I'll alert the coroner's office.

bossr

Sure come on up. The weather's terrific, the roads are urban artwork and the cost of living is no higher than in NYC. The mass transit system is a joy to ride, giving one countless pleasurable engagements with your fellow citizens. And the gig economy is rip roaring along! If guber doesn't work, then door dash, postmates and GrubHub are equally profitable.

And unlike in Dallas, where the citizens shoot the police, up here it's mostly the other way around. There aren't more than a dozen shootings per day however, you still gotta learn what gunfire sounds like for sure. You can usually duck out of the line of fire though. There's always a garbage dumpster in sight, those make pretty good cover (they're made of metal so they stop bullets pretty good).

And guberxer's are balling for sure. On that $200 per day you won't need more than three roommates to rent an apartment in a decent, low crime neighborhood. Then there's the abundant free parking. Of course your car is going to get ticketed unmercifully, ultimately booted, then legally stolen by the City. So you might end up an guber rider instead of a driver!

But sure, if you don't mind the worst public school system in the country, highest property taxes in the Midwest, a bankrup State Government, an equally bankrupt and thoroughly corrupted City Government, and if you appreciate a City serious about getting murders done while simultaneously maintaining a robust heroin trade, then this is the place for you! I'll alert the coroner's office.
Streets much more complex as well. . .

bossr

Sh**, one dam* pool acceptance tonight lasted 1 hour, 5 p/u, from Humboldt Park to Rogers park. That sh** ended my night early. . .

lolzface

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
depending how many hours you gonna drive , you can make 200 a day , you dont need any special permit to work at airports ( we have 2 airports midway and ohare) , i`m personaly not big fan of airports ( no surge )
Thanks! :smiles:

lolzface

Stay home. Winters suck here in Chicago.

Also, cost of living is much higher in Chicago. These $200 you make in Dallas won't go as far in chi town. And Chicago traffic sucks!!
I'm aware of the traffic. Traffic here sucks too so it's nothing new. I'm also aware there's a winter. I've been before. Thanks :smiles:

lolzface

I asked how the money was. Not a glorified tour guide. Love the sarcasm though. You should write a novel. Maybe add some dinosaurs.

lolzface

" I make about $200 a day,"

People who say they 'make' $____ a day generally really mean they 'gross' $____ a day.

Good luck living off of $1400 a week gross revenue in Chicago.
No no. When I say I make $200 a day, I make $200 a day. Yes, Uber takes out a certain percentage. But at the end of the day, I make $200. Don't tell me how much I make when I already know god [email protected] well how much I make. Ya know, seems how you know soooo much about my finances. Thanks for the input though.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I asked how the money was. Not a glorified tour guide. Love the sarcasm though. You should write a novel. Maybe add some dinosaurs.
Sorry my bad. So ya the money's fantastic. $200 per day definitely possible.Welcome to the board, I'm sure you'll do great here!

U for Uber

No no. When I say I make $200 a day, I make $200 a day. Yes, Uber takes out a certain percentage. But at the end of the day, I make $200. Don't tell me how much I make when I already know god [email protected] well how much I make. Ya know, seems how you know soooo much about my finances. Thanks for the input though.
You mean make, "net" $260+/day? That's kind of tough.

That "$200" isn't in your pocket, it's floating in another dimension waiting until tax season, you just "think" you pocketed $200. That $200 comes out to be like ~$134 or less after tax and gas. It's true, I hope I'm wrong and we all get taxed only 10-20%, but then +/- 10% for gas... so yeah you made like $130 lol.

Kuber

The money is not good. To gross (before expenses, after Uber cuff) $200 a day in Chicago you have to put in 12 hours of work. And this is during good times- December and January are brutal.

Good news is that if you pick the best hours- evenings, weekends... you can earn $20-25/hour. Bad news is you spend a lot of the best hours in a car instead of with friends and family. Like a server, except you do have total flexibility with your hours, so no complaints... let's just say the money is OK.