• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Monday is the best day...

NJDriver

Well besides the Jersey Shore on a busy summer weekend and a snowstorm or bad rainstorm in Hoboken, the best day to Uber is Monday.

Here is how it should be played. Start out at the airport at around 10-11pm. Not many cars there at that time so try to find a few rides out. At 3am, go to a suburb like Bergen County and hang at a gas station on rt 17. Probably a fare out of EWR will take you there. Wait for a ping from a wealthy suburb like ridgewood. Dont pickup from Paterson, etc. That ping will take you to EWR most likely. Once at the airport you have a choice. Wait there for a ping or drive to Hoboken. A ping at that hour will get you back to the airport.

Im going to sleep now, a Melatonin sleep, and waking up mucho early. Thats my game plan.

Remember, dive bars close at 3 in some towns and people drink until that time. If you pick them up they will be crazy drunk but it will be a good fare.

SibeRescueBrian

In my experience, Monday is just a good day, period. I start from home around 3am, and it's pretty much non stop pinging until I shut it down 12 or 13 hours later. That's good because Tuesdays are generally a lot slower and people don't seem to travel as far.

I live in brick at the shore and went online at 4:15 am today Monday and got only 1 ping through mid morning. I see your in Hillsborough. Without giving away any major secrets what area do you work

SibeRescueBrian

I live in brick at the shore and went online at 4:15 am today Monday and got only 1 ping through mid morning. I see your in Hillsborough. Without giving away any major secrets what area do you work
No problem. I generally do quite well in Middlesex, Somerset, Warren, and Morris counties. Since you're in Brick, I would suggest you head up Rt. 18 towards New Brunswick. You'll probably start getting pinged around Old Bridge.