Monday in Uberworld

It's been awhile since I signed on so maybe LA has had an onlslaught of new drivers join the ranks in the interim. I went online after work around 6:00 PM. For the first time in the year and a half I've done this, I got zippo pings for three hours. I thought something must be wrong with my account and emailed Uber who responded I am A-OK. As I idled on Fountain I did count 15 Ubers or Lyfts whiz by in as many minutes. I'm not sure what my next move should be. Should I try again tomorrow and see how that goes? Present myself at the Uber office? For the first time I considered adding the Lyft moustache to my windshield. I'm sure I sound remedial, but how is that done? Do I need a second phone so I can monitor both apps? Thanks for your help.

hangtyte

You're not alone in this matter... It's oversaturated in the Core. You will find better rides outside of the Core. The other way is to know of places where passengers are easy to come by. Some people run both the driver and the passenger app simultaneously to see where other drivers are at. I wasn't looking to work but kept my app on from SM Pier to Sunset & Highland on the local streets to see about pings... Got ZERO ^^

Pantherjon

From what I understand, is that you can monitor both apps on the same phone at the same time..Hope it picks up for you..3 hours with no pings is a LONG time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks very much. It was super weird. I thought something might be wrong with the app in LA tonight because while coasting at another waiting spot on Vine, I met a pax who said she had been unable to request a ride for 30 minutes. I think hangtyte is right about the core. Couting Ubers became a game that reminded me of my childhood being the first to spot VW beetles on the way to Disney World. Today I stumbled upon this downer video on YouTube which presented "ubermath" that considering taxes and depreciation, we were making less than minimum wage. I mainly think it's kind of fun to do to meet people you never would but didn't enjoy sitting on the side of the road.

SEAL Team 5

It's been awhile since I signed on so maybe LA has had an onlslaught of new drivers join the ranks in the interim. I went online after work around 6:00 PM. For the first time in the year and a half I've done this, I got zippo pings for three hours. I thought something must be wrong with my account and emailed Uber who responded I am A-OK. As I idled on Fountain I did count 15 Ubers or Lyfts whiz by in as many minutes. I'm not sure what my next move should be. Should I try again tomorrow and see how that goes? Present myself at the Uber office? For the first time I considered adding the Lyft moustache to my windshield. I'm sure I sound remedial, but how is that done? Do I need a second phone so I can monitor both apps? Thanks for your help.
And that's on a Monday, just wait till the weekend.

gofry

Thanks very much. It was super weird. I thought something might be wrong with the app in LA tonight because while coasting at another waiting spot on Vine, I met a pax who said she had been unable to request a ride for 30 minutes. I think hangtyte is right about the core. Couting Ubers became a game that reminded me of my childhood being the first to spot VW beetles on the way to Disney World. Today I stumbled upon this downer video on YouTube which presented "ubermath" that considering taxes and depreciation, we were making less than minimum wage. I mainly think it's kind of fun to do to meet people you never would but didn't enjoy sitting on the side of the road.
That video has some sketchy math but her point is valid. Drivers don't make much money, some even lose money.