Monday evenings?

Raccoon

Compared with other weekday evenings, is it other driver's experience that Monday evenings have less demand for drivers, and worse surge pricing?

I've only been driving for Uber for about a month, so I don't have much experience to run on; but this is a pattern I'm noticing.

Jtdub

Mondays are a waste of time. I only went out the last two weeks because I had a manageable quest. Stayed home tonight.

I_Like_Spam

Compared with other weekday evenings, is it other driver's experience that Monday evenings have less demand for drivers, and worse surge pricing?

I've only been driving for Uber for about a month, so I don't have much experience to run on; but this is a pattern I'm noticing.

Even if there is little demand for drivers, doesn't mean you can't make good money- (and vice versa as well).

Low demand is fine, as long as supply is even lower. Back in the day, few people called for a taxi on Christmas Eve- but there were very few drivers out that evening, so there was still money to be made.

Raccoon

Even if there is little demand for drivers, doesn't mean you can't make good money- (and vice versa as well).

Low demand is fine, as long as supply is even lower. Back in the day, few people called for a taxi on Christmas Eve- but there were very few drivers out that evening, so there was still money to be made.
A great point about the balance of supply and demand! But sadly, I don't think it does much to help Monday nights--I've driven in three cities in the Sacramento market, and Monday nights consistently suck for surge pricing.

Now THURSDAY nights, those have had a more favorable level of demand vs supply than other weeknights! And Fridays, naturally, are so much busier that I don't even consider them weeknights.