Mobile Uber Drivers

retrorozz

Hi there, I have been driving now for only a short time. I really like it. It would be my dream job if it were only busier. I live in the midtown area and I keep my app on during the evenings from about 3 p.m. until midnight and on weekends I keep it open until I can't stay awake anymore. On weeknights I usually get between 1 - 3 ride requests.

Has anyone worked the airport? Is it worth going out there in the evenings? I know they have a place up front for uBer drivers to park.

I don't know how many other drivers there are in Mobile. I would like to know. But I suggest we all get together for a meeting and discuss on possible ways to promote uber in mobile. If we could come up with some good ideas, it would help us make more money. I saw on this forum that other drivers were interested in trying to promote uber in mobile, but if we work together, we could probably get much better results.

Jeffrey

redloh

I am in midtown as well, but haven't driven in over a month. Its just not as busy as it used to be. New Years and Mardi Gras is really fun and profitable to work, but other than that, it's mainly dead.

retrorozz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Halloween was a good night, but it has been the only really good night I've had so far.

I find the biggest problem in Mobile for me anyway is having to drive 10+ miles to give someone a 1/2 mile ride. The fare ends up being $3 - $5 and barley covers the gas you used to pick them up and then return back home.

I think in towns like Mobile where it's not as busy, uber should factor in the mileage it takes to pick up a rider and add something for it too the fare. In bigger cities, drivers usually get calls to the area that they are in, but it's just now busy enough to work like that in mobile.

redloh

I think the novelty has worn off for a lot of people around here but hopefully the holiday season will be a good one.