Mobile phone services & resources for drivers

Anthony Wong

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
More like poor customer support than anything else. Many have stopped using their services. Me for one have ceased using them many months back.

renyeo

More like poor customer support than anything else. Many have stopped using their services. Me for one have ceased using them many months back.
Weren’t yours Zero1?

How about Giga?? Or TPG??
I’d really recommend people to consider signing up with Zero1 which is the best VT (virtual telco) by far. Disclaimer: the definition of ‘best’ is according to my personal experience with the telco. User experience may differ with individuals. Zero1’s Really-Low-Price unlimited data plan - is - really unlimited. This, I can attest. Though I am afraid that good thing doesn’t last, like Zero Mobile. Fingers crossed.

:coolio: :coolio: :coolio:

Ultracraft

Weren’t yours Zero 1?

I’d really recommend people to consider signing up with Zero 1 which is the best VT by far. Its unlimited data plan - is - really unlimited. This, I can attest. Am afraid though that good thing doesn’t last, like Zero Mobile. Fingers crossed.

:coolio: :coolio: :coolio:
Can try Giga or TPG. I think the latter can’t port over your number. Only new SIM card (free). Free roaming in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Anthony Wong

Ya my zero 1 account also stopped, really bad customer support.

Tpg is good, free, no connection problem, daily 2GB limit on 4g, subsequently unlimited. But you need VoLTE enabled phone to use it

Screenshot_20191110-224513.jpg

Last edited:

UnG

Ya my zero 1 account also stopped, really bad customer support.

Tpg is good, free, no connection problem, daily 2GB limit on 4g, subsequently unlimited. But you need VoLTE enabled phone to use it

View attachment 387365
i wonder when will the TPG free trial end...end of this month? i tested the free data in MY, ok. the draw back that i hv had is the VoLTE which nvr work for my Samsung S9....after many emails trial n errors with the support n i hv given it up the first mth i gotten the SIM. anyway, i just use it for unlimited data on my spare phone n working fine. once they start charging, i will likely terminate the line...😜

renyeo

These crazy telco promotions are best enjoyed while they last. Like Uber’s promo codes. Then, they will be gone and no more. Like Uber’s crazily 50-cent-ride-to-anywhere promos.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Anthony Wong

If they come up with a reasonable plan and have unlimited on 3g, it is viable. Cos grab and gojek, 3g good enough.

Anthony Wong

SPC: PDVL/TDVL members enjoys 28% off fuel plus bank rebates from now to 29 Dec. E-coupon not valid with promotion. T&Cs apply. Unsub SMS 'SPC' to 82221133

renyeo

Last month I asked to terminate one of my lines with Zero1 for personal reason.

Shortly after that, I signed up for a new number - again with Zero1.

This time around, I opted to pick up the SIM card. Collection was immediately arranged two days after the signup at the ‘half-empty-out-Orchard-Road-mall’, The Centrepoint. Surprisingly efficient there!

Because the activation date coincided with New Year Day, it took 3 business days (excluding the two days over the weekend and Jan 1) for the SIM card to work. Right on the dot, Zero1!

All in all, my latest experience with Zero1 signup has been fuss/free, stress:free and pain-free! All done on the phone save for the walk-in SIM card collection.

:o-o::o-o::o-o:

Ultracraft

LTA sent me a notification to inform me that car in-ward camera installation is now opened for application.

JustApplied

Last month I asked to terminate one of my lines with Zero1 for personal reason.

Shortly after that, I signed up for a new number - again with Zero1.

This time around, I opted to pick up the SIM card. Collection was immediately arranged two days after the signup at the ‘half-empty-out-Orchard-Road-mall’, The Centrepoint. Surprisingly efficient there!

Because the activation date coincided with New Year Day, it took 3 business days (excluding the two days over the weekend and Jan 1) for the SIM card to work. Right on the dot, Zero1!

All in all, my latest experience with Zero1 signup has been fuss/free, stress:free and pain-free! All done on the phone save for the walk-in SIM card collection.

My experience with Zero1, from number porting, billing (sometimes they didn't charge for a couple months), speed as well as throttled speed, etc has been a positive one as well.

renyeo

Porting number takes on a little tricky and more time. So one has to be patient there.

Once I hit 1GB threshold and I continue to burn data. the network goes off to snooze for like 5-10 minutes. During the down-time I basically have no data coverage although voice calls and SMSes still work.

It’s a known minor procedure and doesn’t occur again after the threshold mark until the next cycle starts at the new billing date.

:o-o: :o-o: :o-o:

Ultracraft

I think I better go for Starhub or M1 ... unless Singtel could give me an offer I can’t resist, dun think I will continue with Singtel.

renyeo

Once you’re bitten by 01 bug there’s no diedie going back to traditional telco.

I hope the upcoming virtual banks do the same as what virtual telco have done for consumers!

JustApplied

Don't know about others.

But my over the monthly 3GB limit of throttled 4G speed allowed me to watch Youtube videos easily and play network intensive games like Asphalr 8 Airborne, H.A.L.O Combat, Dead Trigger 2, Gangsta Vegas, Modern Combat 5 etc.

Heck, I even used it to challenge for Grab pings with diamonds and sapphires. Slow? Nah. Tower Latency? Vroom. Perhaps due to under-utilised bandwidth and/or not many subscribers. Itz like driving a Zero1 dedicated lane on the PIE at peak hrs.Can match or better red/orange/green. Best part, itz unlimited data. I still don't know why sinkies still go for the much more expensive telcos. Kiasu? Kiasi? KiaBo?