Mobile, AL

chamomiletea

Anyone else here from Mobile? I'd love to have our own subforum, and share our experiences. I guess Uber is still kind of new in this area, but I know there are drivers (I can see y'all in the rider app).

It feels weird not having contact with other local drivers...I chat with a friend about my experiences, but it's not the same as sharing with someone who knows what it's like too.

P.S. I've been thinking about possibly going to Pensacola to drive too, except that I'm a lot less familiar with roads there.

Last edited:

RoyalForce

Anyone else here from Mobile? I'd love to have our own subforum, and share our experiences. I guess Uber is still kind of new in this area, but I know there are drivers (I can see y'all in the rider app).

It feels weird not having contact with other local drivers...I chat with a friend about my experiences, but it's not the same as sharing with someone who knows what it's like too.

P.S. I've been thinking about possibly going to Pensacola to drive too, except that I'm a lot less familiar with roads there.
Hi chamomile tea. How's the driving going. I have just started here and I am finding it pretty slow right now. I hope it picks up at some point. Or maybe I am just driving the wrong area. We'll see as time goes on.

chamomiletea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi chamomile tea. How's the driving going. I have just started here and I am finding it pretty slow right now. I hope it picks up at some point. Or maybe I am just driving the wrong area. We'll see as time goes on.
Not too bad. I think Mobile is still a pretty new market, and not a lot of people may know about Uber, but there is some business. Just need to know the best times and places. I bugged Uber support, and they finally responded with a helpful link!

...and these forums won't let me add a link here or upload an image :frown: Check your PM; I'll try and see if that will work. yeah, can't PM it either... You'll just have to bug Uber support yourself. Ask for the demand maps for Mobile and Alabama beaches.

RoyalForce

Mobile operations is going to be impossible to get in touch with. The support team just keeps telling me that there is no office hours in this area. Not sure what that means, but it sounds like we are on our own out here. I'm not sure how much I can advertise to businesses, but I am going to try and make some deals on my own. I am sick of the lonely days of sitting and waiting.
I did some quick surveying and I found that 1 out of 12 riders was from the market. The rest were visiting or just moved here from larger markets. It looks like advertising and selling has not worked very well yet. I am going to start pounding the pavement and try and get some businesses to spread the word. Wish me luck.

chamomiletea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mobile operations is going to be impossible to get in touch with. The support team just keeps telling me that there is no office hours in this area.
Yeah, I got the same answer, LOL! I even asked if what was the closest office, thinking maybe Pensacola or New Orleans might have one, but apparently they don't.

I did some quick surveying and I found that 1 out of 12 riders was from the market. The rest were visiting or just moved here from larger markets. It looks like advertising and selling has not worked very well yet. I am going to start pounding the pavement and try and get some businesses to spread the word. Wish me luck.
Yeah. The only way I really found out about Uber was from a friend who moved from somewhere in Kentucky, and he was excited that Uber was coming to Mobile... I didn't survey my riders as you did; but I know one moved here from SF, a few pings came from a hotel so it's safe to assume those were visitors too. Just one that I'm sure was from Mobile.

Absolutely! Good luck!

ReviTULize

Stick with it if it's new in Mobile. Drivers always do great in new markets.
  • Get a dashcam
  • Pepper gel
  • Rack up free rides by giving out your code. You'll probably have alot of first-time riders.

Mobile Driver

Hello, Mobile Drivers! I just discovered this forum. I'm on board with Mobile drivers having their own forum. Good luck to everyone and safe driving!

WeeWaa

Hi everyone! I just moved down here from just north of NYC and it is dramatically slow compared to the NY market. What is the maximum anyone has ever grossed in a day/ week here?