MN Unemployment Insurance

AZ is finally getting started on PUA claims. Starting Monday 5/11 AZUI will start mailing paper checks for the state weekly min $117 payment, plus $600/week, for only the first 3 weeks of claims. At the same time they'll start requesting proofs of income such as 1099's in order to make adjustments to, and beyond, the 1st 3 weeks of claims, and switch us to bank cards, or DD if we choose.

I think all PUA claimants in AZ are going to see the initial mailed paper check whether or not any income docs were previously submitted thru the regular UI program. Generally they haven't requested anything like 1099's yet. AZUI will also then make up any shortages due to only paying out the $117 min initially, to those who prove to be qualified for more than min amount.

What a big ugly stinking mess PUA has been. In every state. But at least it's finally starting to flow. With high-risk individuals in my household, including myself, I'll have a tough decision to make July 25 when the $600 goes away, and only the state portion might still remain.

In AZ today, $350 million in minimum payments, mailed out to 165,000 PUA claimants. Starting tomorrow night, I can provide my Uber 1099 docs, and hopefully Lyft's annual summary, to establish eligibility for more than the state's $117/week share, and get back pay, and adjusted pay going forward.

(AZ transplant from MN)
(YES, it's hot here!)

And today RS drivers in AZ finally received paper checks for 3 initial weeks of eligibility. $2151 today. The PUA site was delayed last night until around midnight, but I was able to update my claims info early this morning, with 1099's etc, and will get $840/week total, going forward, and also some retroactive dollars since the paper check did the $117 min state dollars, but I'm now qualified for the max $240/wk.

It's been a loooong wait, as I parked the car on March 17th. New legislation in the House would extend the $600 to next January. I'm hopeful, but not counting on that happening. Likely will need to get back on the road end of July, if I deem it safe enough to do so. Immune-compromised spouse in the house.

Why so quiet in the MN forums? Phoenix forum is NUTS.

AlexCom

I wasn't able to get the unemployment yet, submitted requests for 8 weeks. Spoke twice with customer service reps, sent a fax with requested info, 1099s, still nothing. Anyone had the same issue? As of yesterday I'm back to the grind.

AlexCom

Everyone wears a mask in my car. My ears hurt from elastic bands LOL, the time we live in...

rallias

do you have to cancel a lot of rides because they won't wear a mask?
If I rapidly reject when they indicate they don't have a mask and don't have any intention to get one, I see about 20%. If, after I reject, I wait the 5 minutes for the cancellation fee, that number drops to about 15%. Depending on the situation, I tend to prefer one or the other. Grocery stores and end of shift pickups tend to get the former, bars with a decent parking lot and houses tend to get the latter treatment.

Theoretically, in the former case, Uber encourages you to contact support to get a cancel fee.

Uber Inbox said:
How we're using your feedback

Hi DingleberryStew,

Thank you for letting us know that you canceled your recent trip because the rider was not wearing a face cover or mask.

We know this can be a frustrating experience. We're continuing to educate riders about our face cover policy to help keep you safe. Thanks to your feedback, we've sent this rider a reminder about our face cover policy. If we receive repeated reports that they're not wearing a face cover or mask during a trip, they risk losing access to the platform.

We appreciate your feedback and the role you play in helping the community stay safe.

Your Uber Pro status, cancellation rate, and star rating will not be affected

As a reminder, you can always cancel a ride if you feel unsafe or if a rider is not wearing a face cover or mask. Cancellations for these reasons will not impact your cancellation rate, Uber Pro status, or star rating.

If you canceled a trip for one of these reasons and have not yet received a cancellation fee payment yet, you can reach out to Support for help.
That being said, I'm too bloody lazy to deal with that.

Mpls55345

No mask no service. I do hand out 2 to 3 masks a day though
With a mortality rate less than common influenza I am not going to work about mask. Yet again someone again said this week that outside of a healthcare situation where they are working with covid 19 patients.wearing a make is silly. no mask, you get service. I am up to having to wear a mask 9 times as only 9 riders in 3 months have had one on.

I do hand out 2 to 3 masks a day though
That's very generous of you. You paid for them?
Post automatically merged:

With a mortality rate less than common influenza .....
From Johns Hopkins:

Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher than that of most strains of the flu.

At the current death toll, only the 1918 influenza pandemic killed more people than COVID-19 has killed to date.

AlexCom

With a mortality rate less than common influenza I am not going to work about mask. Yet again someone again said this week that outside of a healthcare situation where they are working with covid 19 patients.wearing a make is silly. no mask, you get service. I am up to having to wear a mask 9 times as only 9 riders in 3 months have had one on.
Theoretically I could be selfish, since I'm healthy man in my 30s and I don't have any older relatives that live near me, so could be fine if I side with those who don't believe in danger of COVID 19. But if wearing a mask has even 1 % chance in preventing infection, for someone this could mea life or death.
I'm wearing even if orange man does not.

Mpls55345

That's very generous of you. You paid for them?

From Johns Hopkins:

Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher than that of most strains of the flu.

At the current death toll, only the 1918 influenza pandemic killed more people than COVID-19 has killed to date.
From John Hopkins in February when it was thought to have a 5% mortality rate. No new studies with Stanford and WHO say it is actually near half that of influenza. Helps to keep up.

From John Hopkins in February when it was thought to have a 5% mortality rate. No new studies with Stanford and WHO say it is actually near half that of influenza. Helps to keep up.
Wrong! It's from an online article that is updated regularly by Johns Hopkins. The article is currently dated with TODAY'S date, June 13.
Try to keep up.

GRANTED, you can find expert opinions all over the internet, with varying estimates of the mortality rates. 117,000 COVID deaths in the U.S. so far speaks volumes imho. A typical flu season kills in the range of 25k-60k.

BUT HEY, I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT MN UNEMPLOYMENT??