MN Unemployment Insurance

Those who qualify because they have W2 wages reported to the state are handled, processed and treated differently than us lowly independent contractors.

Rad-One

I applied on March 29th.
I sent in the tax info for Lyft and Uber a week after that because they asked because "there was no proof of income from my employers"
Then I waited for a month and heard nothing at all... (Super frustrating SUPER!)
Woke up this morning with a deposit that included the 4 weeks back pay unemployment AND the $600 for each of the 4 weeks...
FINNALLY this morning there was almost $4000.00 put into my bank!
WAITED A MONTH!!
Now I just hope that my $1200.00 stimulus check shows up some day!
Good luck everyone!

Rad-One

Unbelievable but.... the stimulus check showed up this morning in the mail as a check!
Woke up almost broke and now got almost $5000.00 now!
Been a WHOLE month waiting for these things to happen and honestly, I never believed it would!

I applied on March 29th.
I sent in the tax info for Lyft and Uber a week after that because they asked because "there was no proof of income from my employers"
Then I waited for a month and heard nothing at all... (Super frustrating SUPER!)
Woke up this morning with a deposit that included the 4 weeks back pay unemployment AND the $600 for each of the 4 weeks...
WAITED A MONTH!!
Good luck everyone!
Congrats, I'd read that MN has started processing PUA claimants now. One of just 3 states that have started. I'm in AZ now, and as of this morning am now at 6 weeks claimed. AZ will start processing PUA folks beginning May 12. So I'm about 2 MORE weeks of waiting for the money.

ShyGal

Question for you... I got only 1st check & $600. last week ( direct deposited ) SO I have been wondering about my "back pay" DID that come later ?? I also applied & waited for forever...

THANKS

I applied on March 29th.
WAITED A MONTH!!
Good luck everyone!

10G

Take a screenshot at of the PAYMENT INFORMATION page so we can tell if you're getting backpay or not. Make sure to click search so it will show the payment activity.

ShyGal

Is this what you are asking for ?
PS I do not see any back pay but have been home since mid-late March.

ui pg.jpg

Take a screenshot at of the PAYMENT INFORMATION page so we can tell if you're getting backpay or not. Make sure to click search so it will show the payment activity.

ShyGal

OKAY I will go back.

Yes it's that page, but you need to click search button at the bottom to show more information.
Post automatically merged:

OKAY now what ?

ui 2nd pg.jpg

OKAY I will go back.

YOU LOST me I hit search by dates in red box where is this other search at ?
PS thx for your patience/help
OKAY I will go back.

OKAY now what ?

ui 2nd pg.jpg

Last edited:

10G

Those date are place holder. It should be automatically be process soon. It looks like they are slow to do that. My had the same blank week with 0.00, But the next day everything show up duplicate and say processed.

ShyGal

OK then I have some hope I will still get it I guess..

Those date are place holder. It should be automatically be process soon. It looks like they are slow to do that. My had the same blank week with 0.00, But the next day everything show up duplicate and say processed.

60 % of regular income & I usually wkd near fulltime depending on needs..

How much is MN paying for unemployment aside from the Federal $600?
Is it fixed or varies by what one made?

Alexdobrik

UI didn't ask about any proofs of income and just approved for $200 per week after 4 weeks of waiting. As I read it should be 60% from your income but its three times less than it is gonna be. Did someone get more than minimum as an uber driver?

Last edited:

Rad-One

I got $234.00 a week from UI and the $600.00 from the feds. I am having the $34 taken out of the State UI part for tax's. The $600.00 came untaxed. I am trying to figure out how to get the $600 taxed before I get it. I was on the IRS website and seen a form W-4V "voluntary withholding request" form. I may try that form .

I was waiting since March 29th for the $$$ and I just got it on Wednesday. I got all 4 weeks in one deposit = My whole deposit for the 4 weeks of April was $3200.00 . From now on until I go back to work or until July 31st, I will get $800 a week.
The waiting game for the whole month of April was VERY FRUSTRATING!
It did show up though. Good Luck!

AlexCom

I got a letter than I must try California because I reported Ubers California office address. Probably should've put Roseville hub location will be trying to get through the phone

The $600.00 came untaxed. I am trying to figure out how to get the $600 taxed before I get it.
When I did our AZ initial application, I was prompted to provide a yes/no response to withholding Fed and/or State income tax on any benefits. MN didn't do this?

I got a letter than I must try California because I reported Ubers California office address. Probably should've put Roseville hub location will be trying to get through the phone
Well that's messed up. Someone there doesn't know what they're doing. It makes no diff where a co's main corp HQ is located. You work in and pay MN taxes. You don't file for UI in Calif.

10G

Yea, you f up. You were not an employee. Putting address is for w2 only.

You file for UI which you are not qualified for.
You need to file for PUA. Which looks like you can't now.