• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Miwhip Kapten ViaVan

Sparkz786

Its about time Uber get under attack!

After the bullying attitude towards drivers and a 25% cut from our hard earned driving, im hoping these new companies take on some of the market share and look after us!

ViaVan: 15%
MiWhip: 7.5%>15%
Kapten: TBC
Any other companies due to launch?

Hope all these companies grow quick and uber dies out.

Ps, Hopp is not going to launch, they failed before they even planned to come to London again.

Shane Sheikh

After the bullying attitude towards drivers and a 25% cut from our hard earned driving, im hoping these new companies take on some of the market share and look after us!

Ps, Hopp is not going to launch, they failed before they even planned to come to London again.
What happened to hopp?

captain uber

Local councils need to start their own apps that drivers sign up to. There will be no feeding, no cross borders, regulated fares, they can manage driver numbers and waiting times, customers can book in confidence, the council will know all their drivers, they deal with complaints anyway so no extra work on there part and they can raise themselves some revenue too.

Lilly578

lfyt public offering price is $74 .Top of the range even they are not making any profit but losses.Crazy?
Post automatically merged:

Lyft set to begin trading on Nasdaq today.valued 208 Bn.$.Making losses of $911 million.

Last edited:

Ubend R.S.

Local councils need to start their own apps that drivers sign up to. There will be no feeding, no cross borders, regulated fares, they can manage driver numbers and waiting times, customers can book in confidence, the council will know all their drivers, they deal with complaints anyway so no extra work on there part and they can raise themselves some revenue too.
Trouble is they don't even have the money to fix potholes or keep police stations/fire stations/libraries open. Not gonna happen.
TfL missed a trick here.

L4AllH4None

I'd say that more apps will be even bad news. Competition will decrease prices even further and leave you with less work. Let's just hope and push Uber to increase prices

London-born-and-bred

I think a good plan would be that people should really stop coming onto Uber forums to encourage drivers to work for rivals that pay less and charge less than Uber to teach Uber a lesson.
I also think people suggesting this should be repeatedly slapped until the reality of what they are suggesting actually sinks in.

uberx2

Kapten is 20%

Hopp is still texting me twice a week or sometimes 3 times a week offering 15%

Sparkz786

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a good plan would be that people should really stop coming onto Uber forums to encourage drivers to work for rivals that pay less and charge less than Uber to teach Uber a lesson.
I also think people suggesting this should be repeatedly slapped until the reality of what they are suggesting actually sinks in.
Rivals actually charge the same rate per minute and mile as uber (apart from the 15p clean air fee which most people dont even get right now), however they charge less commission therefore more money earned.

Itsonlymoney

Rivals actually charge the same rate per minute and mile as uber (apart from the 15p clean air fee which most people dont even get right now), however they charge less commission therefore more money earned.
Uber £15/16 per hour others £12/£15 per hour. Uber 25% others 10/15% commission

Uber £15/16 per hour others £12/£15 per hour. Uber 25% others 10/15% commission
To take uber on must have deep pockets,
Only choice local office/uber

Sparkz786

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another reason why I want uber to drown, the navigation is bloody nonesense.
Always directing into no entry / blocked roads / no left or right turns, makes the day even longer.
Today it directed me through a pedestrian only road in Hackney, which i was unaware of. Had a quick glimpse of the signboard as I was coming off the busy road and there was a time of 6am-6pm which I thought would be like the timed ones in central, but I was wrong, its at all times, image of board attached.
So thats a PCN coming through the post.

Has anyone ever had success getting uber to reimburse a PCN that was due to their stupid navigation?

I hope all rivals demolish uber as im sick and tired at their lack of support for drivers

Attachments

Clever

Wow, this is a really good discussion.
Which if you ask me goes to show that the quality of phv driver has shot up, meaning uber has now started to attract people who ordinarily would not have considered phv as a line of work, and now its gone more mainstream. Market is definitely saturated

These other companies that you're hoping will be your saviours are only under cutting uber atm to get the drivers on board so that they can get some of the market place whilst at the same time making it slightly cheaper for the pax. They're only goal here is to get some kind of footing in the market place, so that they can then in the future sell up for obscene amounts of money.
The only ppl who will win here are the pax.
If you look at the dairy farmers and major supermarkets, milk is so cheap for the customers, at a time when there have been price wars going on between supermarkets, but the ones who lost out are the farmers.

That's a really good point.
It would be great if the government could jump in, make it a more regulated area with things a bit more transparent and actually a better environment for drivers, that they can take holidays etc, not have to worry about deactivation and essentially be treated with respect and they can earn too, being able to put some $ into areas that needs it, like the nhs. But the problem there is that humanity would lose innovation, there would be no uber etc if private individuals would not be the ones who would profit from it, it would never happen if you had to wait for the government to come up with it. And let's be honest, if they did get their hands on it, it wouldn't be long until they fuksgdjriejj it up.

I agree, the only way that all this could work for the drivers is that they put a few $mil into a kitty and get someone to copy the software (Which wouldn't be too difficult now that it's been done) and set up their own app. The billions that all these companies are worth comes right out of the drivers pockets, they would have to get some kind of organisation, and from there they have the ability to govern how everything happens in their environment... a cap on pco numbers, how much to charge, how many hours ppl can work, absolutely everything. All the power is in the drivers hands, but they don't know it

Another reason why I want uber to drown, the navigation is bloody nonesense.
Always directing into no entry / blocked roads / no left or right turns, makes the day even longer.
Today it directed me through a pedestrian only road in Hackney, which i was unaware of. Had a quick glimpse of the signboard as I was coming off the busy road and there was a time of 6am-6pm which I thought would be like the timed ones in central, but I was wrong, its at all times, image of board attached.
So thats a PCN coming through the post.

Has anyone ever had success getting uber to reimburse a PCN that was due to their stupid navigation?

I hope all rivals demolish uber as im sick and tired at their lack of support for drivers
It's a disgrace, uber does expect you to pick up pax going down illegal avenues, they set unrealistic ETA's and when you're just about to arrive after driving a different realistic route to get there, then the pax cancels, you've wasted your time and you don't get a cancellation fee because you're eta is behind lol. You wouldn't have accepted the trip if the app was actually with the ETA in the first place, but by the time you realise youve already committed 2/3 minutes and decide to just do the job..... @@@@dudifbsh fraudulent uber

Last edited: