Mitch McConnell vows to end your $600 a week of enhanced Unemployment Benefits

NotYetADriver

Yall do realize we eventually gonna have to pay back this massive national debt.

Bush, Obama, and Trump have ballooned the national debt to titan size proportions.

Everyone under 50 within our lifetimes we will see our social safety net programs gutted and all our taxes increased.

To everyone above 50, do you love your children and grand children?

Well we have been robbing their futures not for necessities but luxuries for decades.
Oh stop it!
Everyone knows the Feds could just keep printing money and everyone could be rich with no need to work!

What's WRONG with people ???

The queen 👸

You are correct. There is a need, but sooooo much of it was completely unnecessary. There are now nearly 40,000,0000 unemployed. How many will be re-employed afterwards? Let’s hope most will, but how long? If we don’t get the economy hitting on all 8’s again, we are looking at a hurt so bad, we will think the COVID outbreak as a walk in the park.
Who are you blaming for? Not the people I hope.

_Tron_

We can get the court back in one term. Clarence gonna follow in Anton's steps.
Wow! Had to look that comment up to learn that he is sick. Also, the longest serving Supreme in history!? Wow, that makes me feel old. It seems like it was just yesterday we were hearing about pubic hairs and cokes.

AllenChicago

Republicans in the Senate and Trump want to take $600 a week from you so they can give trillions of dollars of handouts and bailouts to billionaires, banks, hedgefunds, and multinational corporations that ship jobs overseas.
If you need Trump and McConnell to give you $$$, in order be happy, the USA is not a good place for you.

We are a SINK or SWIM nation. (But if you're mentally/physically disabled, there is a safety-net.)

NotYetADriver

If you need Trump and McConnell to give you $$$, in order be happy, the USA is not a good place for you.

We are a SINK or SWIM nation. (But if you're mentally/physically disabled, there is a safety-net.)
Problem is, too many want you (or someone) to do their swimming for them....and then they run for a lawyer if you won't
I think it's called "entitlement" mentality?
The more they are accommodated, the more they demand.

Sepelion

Yall do realize we eventually gonna have to pay back this massive national debt.

Bush, Obama, and Trump have ballooned the national debt to titan size proportions.

Everyone under 50 within our lifetimes we will see our social safety net programs gutted and all our taxes increased.

Well we have been robbing their futures not for necessities but luxuries for decades.
You're pointing your finger at the wrong people, considering 90% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, and particularly the people who work in the "gig economy" are living in a predicament that might looks like modern day robber barons, when you consider most of them are just trying to pay rent and most of them qualify for taxpayer subsidies in the form of housing vouchers or food assistance.

But Jeff Bezos is on track to become the first trillionaire by 2025, and Dara has run yet another company into the ground, so as long as America has ballers, that's what matters.

TL;DR: the problem isn't the workers; it's the fact that noblesse oblige is gone and replaced with exploitative pigs.

Have you seen some of these "business owners" that took out PPP money, and in order to really fk them over they sent them pieces of paper saying "due to COVID19 work availability, you have agreed to quit" or other such wording? Yeah, I've seen it around facebook posts, and like everyone else, you should be shocked that this kind of behavior was the same behavior in the 2008 bailouts where pigs took taxpayer money and gave it to their buddies and then got rid of their workers, left without a job, and now because they've made it so these employers have to keep their employees if they take this money, they're using these shady tactics to screw them over so they get calls from unemployment saying "your employer faxed the documents you signed that you quit."

The fact that essential workers went and risked their lives for little-to-no hazard pay while exploitative non-essential idiots sat home on a zoom conference pretending they are productive, is why the economy was screwed LONG BEFORE this ever happened.

This just sped things up. Mnuchin's lip curling in shame when Sherrod Brown grilled him the other day said it all.

Last edited:

Mash Ghasem

You're pointing your finger at the wrong people, considering 90% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, and particularly the people who work in the "gig economy" are living in a predicament that might looks like modern day robber barons, when you consider most of them are just trying to pay rent and most of them qualify for taxpayer subsidies in the form of housing vouchers or food assistance.

But Jeff Bezos is on track to become the first trillionaire by 2025, and Dara has run yet another company into the ground, so as long as America has ballers, that's what matters.

TL;DR: the problem isn't the workers; it's the fact that noblesse oblige is gone and replaced with exploitative pigs.

Have you seen some of these "business owners" that took out PPP money, and in order to really fk them over they sent them pieces of paper saying "due to COVID19 work availability, you have agreed to quit" or other such wording? Yeah, I've seen it around facebook posts, and like everyone else, you should be shocked that this kind of behavior was the same behavior in the 2008 bailouts where pigs took taxpayer money and gave it to their buddies and then got rid of their workers, left without a job, and now because they've made it so these employers have to keep their employees if they take this money, they're using these shady tactics to screw them over so they get calls from unemployment saying "your employer faxed the documents you signed that you quit."

The fact that essential workers went and risked their lives for little-to-no hazard pay while exploitative non-essential idiots sat home on a zoom conference pretending they are productive, is why the economy was screwed LONG BEFORE this ever happened.

This just sped things up. Mnuchin's lip curling in shame when Sherrod Brown grilled him the other day said it all.
Manifestations of raw capitalism-- and its failure.

ColdRider

Hey! I’m on a zoom conference right now. Feels good man. :smiles:

Also, 90% living paycheck to paycheck? Where you getting these numbers? How many of those 90% have the newest smartphone every year? How many of them buy expensive shoes and bags?

Dig beyond the surface and you’ll see that some of their woes are self inflicted.

CaliBestDriver

Actually what he said and what he is proposing is that people should not be getting more and unemployment than they would normally get in regular pay because it would discourage them from going back to work.
I have friends who live in Ohio who were making $650 a week now with the unemployment they are bringing in a little over $1,000 a week..
so they will extend it more than likely but it will be capped at how much you were making per week before. The key thing is that will there be jobs to go back to if there are no jobs to go back to or businesses are not making enough money to pay their employees then there is no other way but to extend unemployment..

Ssgcraig

....like when all businesses are completely open, maybe? Think big picture for ONCE. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Problem is, there are people getting checks that are working. It was too much from the beginning. No one working should have got a check, but millions did.

Where is Pelosi? She created a special counsel to investigate the spending. Haven't heard one peep from that crew. Wonder why? mmmmm

CaliBestDriver

This is the same crap to my grandparents we're told and they spent their whole life worrying about it. And guess what they're dead. Debt has been around since the beginning of time. All this talk about paying it back it's not going to matter. I have been hearing this for 30 years believe me Life Will Go On.. besides only thing you can do anyway is to vote and hope they keep their promise..

TheDevilisaParttimer

You rarely post so I know this is something you're passionate about and I respect everything you're saying. It wasn't my intention to point fingers at anyone.

I was speaking on the entire stimulus package with companies and people feeling entitled for more of it.
This is the same crap to my grandparents we're told and they spent their whole life worrying about it. And guess what they're dead. Debt has been around since the beginning of time. All this talk about paying it back it's not going to matter. I have been hearing this for 30 years believe me Life Will Go On.. besides only thing you can do anyway is to vote and hope they keep their promise..
That's complete and otter BS we was in a surplus in the 90's.