Mississauga

Karem

Good day guys,
If you delivering a pax from GTA to Mississauga would you still pings there? I asked uber support about that and if it's ok to pickup pax from missisauga their reply was you don't review pings in Mississauga. I don't trust these support idiots so I though I check with you guys.
Cheers

Token44

Mississauga is part of the GTA.
Greater Toronto Area includes Halton, Peel, York, Toronto, and Durham regions.

Yes you will receive pings there (eventually), it's not busy like Toronto, and POOL in Mississauga is way worse than in Toronto. It is to be avoided by all means.

Mississauga is still charging drivers with bylaw infractions, and several have been reported recently. Just something to consider.

laoye

Mississauga is part of the GTA.
Greater Toronto Area includes Halton, Peel, York, Toronto, and Durham regions.

Yes you will receive pings there (eventually), it's not busy like Toronto, and POOL in Mississauga is way worse than in Toronto. It is to be avoided by all means.

Mississauga is still charging drivers with bylaw infractions, and several have been reported recently. Just something to consider.
So I think picking up riders in Mississauga is risky. But without doing so, we will return empty handed.

mavetick

So I think picking up riders in Mississauga is risky. But without doing so, we will return empty handed.
I just got off the phone with miss by law office , they are ticketing and looking for uber pick ups in miss and handing out fines , a pilot project goes into effect this September which will allow us to work the area , I'm sure a lot of you know this but there is so many un answered questions about this , from what I gather most Cust there think the ban has been lifted which is not the case , uber says to continue to pick up in miss but we could get a fine for doing so , I get drawn there because of my location and do pick ups bit I'm pretty sure I'm playing with fire so I guess proceed at own risk !

onelanka

Miss. has few bylaw officers. I have been driving in Miss. since Oct 2014 got one bylaw summons in Feb 2016. Currently there are scores of Ubers in Miss. way more after July 15th

Harry70

115 $ Net 85; came home resting; I hope u r not the one issuing tickets

Last edited:

Token44

I luv miss today gotta ride from absolute to scarbarough; wow; let's hope no bye law ticket to follow
Very doubtful. If it were a Mississauga bylaw officer, they would want to stay in Mississauga. A lot of good it'll do them to be in Scarb.
It would most certainly be a short trip. Staying, at least, within Mississauga city limits.

Harry70

Dear Harry, more than 60 min without a single ping..
Its namaz time , it will pick up after 9, people go to each other houses , go out with families, most people take a day off, might find someone going to mosque at tbis hour, xl businezz will pick later in the day, its just not the demand but lesser drivers working today all over gta

Last edited:

Andy3131

Good day guys,
If you delivering a pax from GTA to Mississauga would you still pings there? I asked uber support about that and if it's ok to pickup pax from missisauga their reply was you don't review pings in Mississauga. I don't trust these support idiots so I though I check with you guys.
Cheers
I always go offline. A $15 ride is not worth the hassle of losing time in court.

KHITAM

Its namaz time , it will pick up after 9, people go to each other houses , go out with families, most people take a day off, might find someone going to mosque at tbis hour, xl businezz will pick later in the day, its just not the demand but lesser drivers working today all over gta
Thank you so much Harry for the info and advices.

Myxx

When they go to visiting, do they take food with them ????

Myxx

Why, in my experience there be less uber drivers on the road, in the evening as well
Thought I'd bring my Cooler or Uber eats bag so the food doesn't spill or emit an odor in my car. Not a big deal, but we all know that the next pax will slam us for having a food odor...