Missing miles on a trip

Wh4tev3r!!!!

Has anyone noticed that the miles driven doesn't match the miles Uber is using for calculating your pay? Uber is always using less miles then the actual miles driven. It seems like I have to look at every trip lately to make sure the miles match. Uber has been skimming 3 miles here, 5 miles there on many of my rides. It gets harder to track when you have stacked pings. It gets very tiring having to chase down miles and sometimes you have to fight for the miles because they send you a message that "its within their mileage tolerance" BS. At the end of the week, those missing miles add up.

Grahamcracker

Has anyone noticed that the miles driven doesn't match the miles Uber is using for calculating your pay? Uber is always using less miles then the actual miles driven. It seems like I have to look at every trip lately to make sure the miles match. Uber has been skimming 3 miles here, 5 miles there on many of my rides. It gets harder to track when you have stacked pings. It gets very tiring having to chase down miles and sometimes you have to fight for the miles because they send you a message that "its within their mileage tolerance" BS. At the end of the week, those missing miles add up.
I am sorry for you frustration. Uber won't change their ways toward driver's though. They are expendable.

Rakos

That's because...

When Uber thinks about us...

This is what they see...

64cedfe482f6b1aaf64484a3f61c91a9--not-my-circus-clowns.jpg

Disgusted Driver

Maybe it's your phone

I actually had a trip where my phone locked up as I accepted, took pax home, got paid for 18 minutes and 0 miles, messaged for fare adjustment and they added mileage to fare no problem. I've spot checked a few of my long trips and they seem to be right on the money.

Julescase

Omg - that is really strange, I was *just* noticing that on a ride that I took this morning, it was a route that I have done about 200 times in my life before I even worked for Uber and I know it's about 15 miles. I just happened to look at the job details when I got home and Uber recorded it as 11.61 miles, which is about 3.5 miles less than it really is!! Then I thought I was being silly or imagining it, and now I'm reading your post and realizing that I probably am correct in thinking they scammed a few miles off! I'm going to check now to see how many miles it's listed as if I do it on Google maps just to see what they come up with.

WTF?!?! Could they actually think they can get away with skimming miles if that's what they are doing? I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to have to deal with all this ridiculousness, but I know how many miles that ride is and it's many more miles than 11 1/2 !

Wh4tev3r!!!!

Omg - that is really strange, I was *just* noticing that on a ride that I took this morning, it was a route that I have done about 200 times in my life before I even worked for Uber and I know it's about 15 miles. I just happened to look at the job details when I got home and Uber recorded it as 11.61 miles, which is about 3.5 miles less than it really is!! Then I thought I was being silly or imagining it, and now I'm reading your post and realizing that I probably am correct in thinking they scammed a few miles off! I'm going to check now to see how many miles it's listed as if I do it on Google maps just to see what they come up with.

WTF?!?! Could they actually think they can get away with skimming miles if that's what they are doing? I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to have to deal with all this ridiculousness, but I know how many miles that ride is and it's many more miles than 11 1/2 !

3.5 miles doesn't seem like a big deal but every mile missing is money not in your pocket. Its hard enough making money but if you do the work, you should get paid for it. I have gotten into the habit of resetting the trip odometer for rides over 5 miles. It seems petty to dispute 1-3 miles on a trip but WTF, pay me for the miles I drive!!

Disgusted Driver

3.5 miles doesn't seem like a big deal but every mile missing is money not in your pocket. Its hard enough making money but if you do the work, you should get paid for it. I have gotten into the habit of resetting the trip odometer for rides over 5 miles. It seems petty to dispute 1-3 miles on a trip but WTF, pay me for the miles I drive!!

Sounds like another class action law suit!!! But, how many of you kind folks were sharp enough to opt out of arbitration?