Miramar Airshow Update Thread

Safe_Driver_4_U

Created a thread for traffic and other updates, I was offered some large promos from Lyft all weekend, starting with Miramar today.....let's see how it works out. $50 HG today and 80% Sat and Sun.

Safe_Driver_4_U

Can't speak for Miramar Rd but Harris Plant Rd was like gold, they close it during the Blue Angels Got my 1st HG then returned exactly 1 hr later No traffic getting in off Clairemont to Kearny Villa at the 163 loop around right in Zero hassle. Lost my 2nd hour HG had to deadmile back from airport. 8 people! waiting for a car when I pulled in I was the only car at 5pm, waited till 5:01 turned on app, ping got the 3rd hour HG, then got dragged around a little while app was on for a while, headed home found myself in nice Uber surge caught a 2x $34 ride on my way to Qcom it was a a shi+ show, dropped pax off told them to walk. Couldn't believe there was no traffic cop on Rancho Mission Rd. Anyway Harris Plant rd works

Wombat7

I went to the show today all by my self.

It was wonderful!!!

Interrogated the pilots at the static displays. Walk through those that I could.
Let loose my inner child.

Bought a couple of t-shirts for the little woman's (Once a Knight Is Never Enough).

It doesn't look like much of an Uber crowd what with all the families with kids. I hope you guys get some good rides out of it.

Safe_Driver_4_U

YEP BAD NEWS FOR HARRIS RD!! entrance blocked for one hour then the FIFO is sending pings to Miramar. did fair on Friday now total bust. No Uber surge and MPs heavily enforcing speeding not driving there today not worth the hassle better off downtown.

San Diego Steve

YEP BAD NEWS FOR HARRIS RD!! entrance blocked for one hour then the FIFO is sending pings to Miramar. did fair on Friday now total bust. No Uber surge and MPs heavily enforcing speeding not driving there today not worth the hassle better off downtown.
Thanks for the update,
I'm rolling out today for the miramar crumbs, been off since Thursday. I'll work the boost zones downtown instead.

sissypower

Where did you stage at?

Started on Harris Rd ... then moved closer to commercial areas north of Clairemont Mesa Blvd ... finally up to Miramar Rd area in the midst of all the beer tasting rooms .... one hour & fifty-two minutes signed on to Lyft ... NADA! Then Uber threw me a four pax X ride and finally two no-show poo pax. No tip despite a stop at Dominos ... but $3.75 x 2 for poo no-shows.

Supersponge

They had a staging lot the gold lot and thats exactly what it was if you didnt stage at lot you missed out cuz tge closest driver gets pings the pax would walk uphit request and ping ping ping i got all three hours

sissypower

They had a staging lot the gold lot and thats exactly what it was if you didnt stage at lot you missed out cuz tge closest driver gets pings the pax would walk uphit request and ping ping ping i got all three hours

Where was the staging "gold" lot?

Supersponge

Gold lot was off haris plant rd to enter take it all the way on base about two miles west of kerny villa rd it was hard to find for me on sat and i missed out on two garenteed hours but caught last one then on sunday came back and caugglht all three

San Diego Steve

Started on Harris Rd ... then moved closer to commercial areas north of Clairemont Mesa Blvd ... finally up to Miramar Rd area in the midst of all the beer tasting rooms .... one hour & fifty-two minutes signed on to Lyft ... NADA! Then Uber threw me a four pax X ride and finally two no-show poo pax. No tip despite a stop at Dominos ... but $3.75 x 2 for poo no-shows.
Sounds worst than my miramar disaster! Cell coverage issues caused the cue to leapfrog first drivers for last drivers in. Customers cancelling rides caused Lyft to time me out. Lost $72 worth of guarantees, and got account warning for calling to find my customers after they cancelled me. Destroyed what should have been easy money guarantees. Worked till midnight to end up at respectable $160 net for 8 hours online.

I was told it was a cue like airport. So, it was closest to the customer at Harris gold lot?

MaddMaxx

Went to PU location 4 times and got a ride each time... The most lyft drivers in line in front of me was 2 and there was no wait to get in to the Gold Lot. The last two times, there were actually pax looking for an UBER (but no drivers in the lot). I had to sign up one on LYFT to give them a ride cuz I wasn't going to pass up the HG for that block of time.

It wasn't actually on Harris Plant Rd... It was on Altair Ave, off the Harris Plant Rd exit from Kearny Villa, just south of the main East Miramar Entrance

Safe_Driver_4_U

Well at least one of us made more than $12 per hr at Miramar congrats MadMax. The Lyft guy told me it was FIFO without a Q button on the app. Clearly not the case cars arriving 20 minutes after others were getting pings and for a while they got the lots backwards! Mad Max prolly hit when it was working as intended.

I had my kids this weekend, so went to the airshow as a spectator, not a driver. Drove in with my trade dress still on the car. From my one-day experience, it seemed extremely well-organized and accommodating. Drove right in to the parking lot(s), had the marine volunteer clarify with me whether I was dropping off or attending, made the right turn to go park instead of going straight to stage (within eye-sight). Easy enough getting out later on, even with the larger crowd of people Exodus-ing after the Blue Angels. Seemed seamless to me.

Got to go drive now and refill the coffers....