Minors- here’s a tip.

Djhuber63

Once upon a time we would receive a cancellation fee for “unaccompanied minor” reason.
Pissed off today because I detoured off Montague Rd exit to a df pickup. Two 15 YOs. Cancelled, not fee as usual now. Took me 15 minutes to get outta there so I shot off a complaint about time wasted for underage riders and got this response.
24950726-5A61-4033-B4DD-9E8345C1A4DE.png

I asked the girls where they were going first! Not totally dumb, Southwarf

Brownsville

I delivered food to a boy who wouldn't even be teen-ager and was home alone with the dog. mum ordered apparently and was not home.

His hands were shaking when he picked the food. I felt for the boy.

Isn't there like an age limit below which a child has to be supervised and not left alone anytime?

Sammy_102

I delivered food to a boy who wouldn't even be teen-ager and was home alone with the dog. mum ordered apparently and was not home.

His hands were shaking when he picked the food. I felt for the boy.

Isn't there like an age limit below which a child has to be supervised and not left alone anytime?
no there isnt actually an age, it all goes by the capabilities and maturity of the child (there ability to care for themselves and seek emergency help if needed). In saying that, when i lived in the suburbs, there would be no way i would leave my 13 year old alone for a min but where i live now, i can happily leave my 10 year old alone for an hour or so, so i guess it depends where you live as well

D-River

no there isnt actually an age, it all goes by the capabilities and maturity of the child (there ability to care for themselves and seek emergency help if needed). In saying that, when i lived in the suburbs, there would be no way i would leave my 13 year old alone for a min but where i live now, i can happily leave my 10 year old alone for an hour or so, so i guess it depends where you live as well
One word “Madeline”
Never underestimate what “can” happen

Sammy_102

One word “Madeline”
Thats why it depends on the capabilities, maturity and your location. My 13 year old is mature but our location at the time, i felt was not safe. End of the day, as parents always have to loosen the chain at some point.

yogi bear

One word “Madeline”
whats the chances, 1 in a million? 1 in 10 million? , sometimes you've just gotta relax rather than spend you life worrying about the pedo hiding behind every tree.. best thing you can do to improve the chances of your kid making it through childhood without being molested is to not put them in choir practice or the scouts, and be married with a partner (yes the children of single mothers are more likely to be victims..)

BuckleUp

whats the chances, 1 in a million? 1 in 10 million? , sometimes you've just gotta relax rather than spend you life worrying about the pedo hiding behind every tree.. best thing you can do to improve the chances of your kid making it through childhood without being molested is to not put them in choir practice or the scouts, and be married with a partner (yes the children of single mothers are more likely to be victims..)
Well anywhere really to do with institutions.
Pedos aggregate where there's easy access.
That 25 year old man in Sydney working as pool swim coach touching girls.
The pedo waiting outside the toilet of the dance studio.
Non stop attacks at park toilets.
Isn't it something like 80% pedos are known to family - sleepovers at bff house, uncles, neighbor grooming, etc.

Staying at home quite safe if kids are trained to use mobile not open doors, monitored cameras, etc.

RoboRider

Haven't had any minors in the last few weeks but I have had quite a few instances of people with young children and no booster seat. When I tell them I can't take the child without a booster I invariably get the "well the last driver did it" type of response. Makes you wonder what other drivers are doing ... :eek:

Sammy_102

Or you get the ones that try to hide the baby lol, hubby had a lady a few days ago with a 5 year old and what appeared to be a massive blanket that the lady had all clunched up and was holding like a handbag. Hubby said to her your lucky I have a car seat so I can take you (meaning for the 5 year old) and then went to proceed to open the boot so the lady could put the massive blanket she had in the boot. Only then to then realise she had a 3 month old baby hidden inside all that blanket. He said sorry I don’t be taking you and yep, her response was oh other drivers did. He was literally gobsmacked of how this lady was carrying around this baby

DA08

Haven't had any minors in the last few weeks but I have had quite a few instances of people with young children and no booster seat. When I tell them I can't take the child without a booster I invariably get the "well the last driver did it" type of response. Makes you wonder what other drivers are doing ... :eek:
I would reply :" well the last driver was an idiot" - also pax lie many times
Post automatically merged:

Or you get the ones that try to hide the baby lol, hubby had a lady a few days ago with a 5 year old and what appeared to be a massive blanket that the lady had all clunched up and was holding like a handbag. Hubby said to her your lucky I have a car seat so I can take you (meaning for the 5 year old) and then went to proceed to open the boot so the lady could put the massive blanket she had in the boot. Only then to then realise she had a 3 month old baby hidden inside all that blanket. He said sorry I don’t be taking you and yep, her response was oh other drivers did. He was literally gobsmacked of how this lady was carrying around this baby
Yea some people are nuts... Even though in WA we can take them without car seats i make a judgement call and if i don't like something i tell them no car seat - no trip... Coz at the end of the day im an independent contractor ?

acme

Remember, if you do something against the "rules" and something goes wrong it's your arse on the line.
If someone happens to get injured or killed you will be in deep shit. Also, you would have to live with it every single day for the rest of your life.
Some risks are not worth taking for any amount of money, let alone a seven dollar uber fare.

Djhuber63

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't it something like 80% pedos are known to family - sleepovers at bff house, uncles, neighbor grooming, etc.
Yes correct, mongrel bastards.

Remember, if you do something against the "rules" and something goes wrong it's your arse on the line.
If someone happens to get injured or killed you will be in deep shit. Also, you would have to live with it every single day for the rest of your life.
Some risks are not worth taking for any amount of money, let alone a seven dollar uber fare.
That’s why we deserve the cancellation fee, to compensate for invalid riders who have wasted our time.

RoboRider

That’s why we deserve the cancellation fee, to compensate for invalid riders who have wasted our time.
You do get the cancellation fee .. just have to wait the 5 minute timer and then it's ok. Would be good if you just got it for using the Unaccompanied Minor reason but based on past behaviours I am sure that would get completely abused :frown:

The only time I don't get the fee is if I happen to arrive inside their 5 minute cancel window and they then cancel when I say I can't take them

Djhuber63

You do get the cancellation fee .. just have to wait the 5 minute timer and then it's ok. Would be good if you just got it for using the Unaccompanied Minor reason but based on past behaviours I am sure that would get completely abused :frown:

The only time I don't get the fee is if I happen to arrive inside their 5 minute cancel window and they then cancel when I say I can't take them
I used the Unaccompanied Minor Cancellation reason and as I said above "so I shot off a complaint about time wasted for underage riders" and they paid me the fee. Prior to the complaint - Nada!

RoboRider

I used the Unaccompanied Minor Cancellation reason and as I said above "so I shot off a complaint about time wasted for underage riders" and they paid me the fee. Prior to the complaint - Nada!
Had you waited 5 minutes after arrival so that the cancel button was showing on the main screen?

Djhuber63

Had you waited 5 minutes after arrival so that the cancel button was showing on the main screen?
No

That’s my point. They pay out for AM. They used to pay straight away, but now you have to ask!

RoboRider

No

That’s my point. They pay out for AM. They used to pay straight away, but now you have to ask!
I've only been driving 9 months but it has always been that way for me and I recall reading old threads that said you had to wait so not sure