• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Minor annoyances

Cableguynoe

These won't make you go postal, but the cumulative effect can make the difference between a good day and a bad day. I'll start:

- When it's raining just enough to require the wipers, but not enough to prevent them from making noise on the slowest setting.
4 way stop sign intersection

Someone clearly gets there first but waves me to go.

You're not doing me a favor moron, just go and traffic will flow

Christinebitg

Opening window/ adjusting vents without asking.
Rolling the window all the way down while my A/C is going full blast.

I had one if those last week. I thought seriously about turning the A/C off, but I don't think he would have noticed.

I gritted my teeth and kept going, particularly since the three of us had been getting along well. His GF was the account holder.

It paid off though, with a tip, and it turns out, a little bit of surge too, which I hadn't noticed. And a stacked ping for a p/u at the dropoff point. (Obviously I don't give him credit for the p/u.)

Christine

pismire

Rolling the window all the way down while my A/C is going full blast.

I had one if those last week. I thought seriously about turning the A/C off, but I don't think he would have noticed.

I gritted my teeth and kept going, particularly since the three of us had been getting along well. His GF was the account holder.

It paid off though, with a tip, and it turns out, a little bit of surge too, which I hadn't noticed. And a stacked ping for a p/u at the dropoff point. (Obviously I don't give him credit for the p/u.)

Christine
I have the AC going in my house and have have the windows open, same as in the car. I like the fresh air.

I do the same thing in the winter time with the heat.

Uber Crack

Author
Drunks who try to tell you to listen to them and not follow GPS
Mine fall into the "just did this, then it gets undone" category.

- Clean the windshield and car in front goes through a puddle spraying a fine dirty, oily mist over it

- Clean side windows only to have very next pax leave fingerprints over them pointing out something stupid or hitting the window to say "bye buddy!"

- Vacuum car out only to have first pax of shift track dirt in. Bonus points for group of 4 with dirty feet

- No pings so I find a nice parking space and just as I am backing in... PING
You must be my twin brother from another mother @ your post.

When I do dumb things and get annoyed with myself...
Like missing a ping due to washing my windows at the gas station and forgetting to hold my phone.
Drinking too much and needing to pee like a Russian race horse.
Saying yes to a drive through request and finding 12 cars ahead of me.
Being 45 mins away from home and accepting a 45+ ping that takes me further away.
All self inflicted idiot choices ugh :rolleyes:

Christinebitg

When they play music/video or whatever without headphones. You don't like my music say something politely maybe I'll change it.
And they uproariously at stupid stuff in the video.

yet all the rear passengers exit through that ONE door.
When I had a teenaged step-daughter, she and her friends would always do that.

I get that a lot of cars only have two doors. Then again, maybe it was just me wanting them to get the h*ll out of the car as soon as possible.

Clarity

When they play music/video or whatever without headphones. You don't like my music say something politely maybe I'll change it.
I find that annoying too. I was considering keeping a spare pair of headphones for those kinds of people but not sure they'd take that too well.

Clarity

People who chew with their mouths open and are eating from some type of container that makes a lot of noise such as a brown bag. So I hear the sound of the bag and then chewing. And it’s throughout the entire ride.

Last edited: