Minnesota DL requirement

TNC330

New to forum and Minnesota. I was looking to do some part time driving in the Twin Cities. I have a Minnesota vehicle registered to Minnesota but I'm not a Minnesota primary resident and have an out of state DL. Will Uber/Lyft let me sign up to drive in Mn with an out of state license and an instate vehicle? Thanks in advance to anyone who has any gouge on this.

RobGMPLS

Don’t drive, you can’t make money. Read some of the other posts. 96% turnover in first year. Most people even lose money

Mpls55345

Don’t drive, you can’t make money. Read some of the other posts. 96% turnover in first year. Most people even lose money
It’s true you usually “in effect” can lose money driving uberx it is still great for cash flow. Have a bill that needs paid? Whatever the reason, you get cash that day if you want, it’s fun, passengers are mostly great if you stay away from drunk rush....but you are exchanging your cars value. Meaning it gets used up and no matter how hard you try there is no replacement cash at the end of the rainbow. Instead of paying you what you and your car are worth these companies are spending billions to replace you with robots.

The Tenor

Why do you drivers tell new people to not drive, they won't make money. Then why are you doing it. Many drivers have proved over and over that many of us make good to great money driving.

Yes...uber is a terrible company. But stop this stupid madness of telling new drivers, there is no money to be made. You make yourself look silly.

Uberbuddy123

Why do you drivers tell new people to not drive, they won't make money. Then why are you doing it. Many drivers have proved over and over that many of us make good to great money driving.

Yes...uber is a terrible company. But stop this stupid madness of telling new drivers, there is no money to be made. You make yourself look silly.
Are you making the same amount -you made 4 weeks ago? What is your weekend quest? Are we even making the same cash flow anymore?

Last edited:

TNC330

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drove Lyft and Uber with an out of state license, no issues.
What state was your license from? Their support was worthless. Gal from Asia who spoke very poor english and was just reading me scripted answers. Maybe I'll go by their green light center and ask in person who know what the hell they are talking about. Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my question.

BruiserB

I recall the car plates have to be MN or WI but I’m not sure that your DL has to be. But you do have to own the car I think or at least be listed on the insurance card for it.

homelesswarlock

if you guys think that drunks are the worst, then you haven't done XL from Acme Comedy Club.

Imagine 6 people listening to all kinds of jokes involving race, sex, religion, and politics for 2 hours. When they get into your car, all of them want a shot at being the next Bill Burr.

I laugh with them to get a tip. Then 1-star to get the last laugh.

To the OP: If you drive part time, then you have to take drunks and @@@@@@@@ from the comedy club on the weekend.

The easiest trip with the least mental frustration are Walmarts. But these people are poor af and simply cannot afford to tip. Just do Walmarts until you are comfortable with the app. By “comfortable” I mean reading the navigation and executing perfectly.

Screw up navigation during rush hour and you won’t be able to think straight and crash into a pole. Screw up navigation while a drunk is in your car and you’ll have to throw down and fight.

Do Walmarts for a month straight and graduate to drunks then get your masters degree in comedy club passengers.

And don’t talk and drive because you’ll screw up navigation.

I make $7 an hour EZ PZ
56E34CF2-42E0-46CC-9400-4E9FCC457C29.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Asq

dctcmn

Is it wrong for a person with a GED to tell a kid to stay in school?
The better analogy is someone telling you that no one should eat red meat while they're gnawing on a steak. We can all stop whenever we want with one swipe of the finger.

The answer is also outside of the scope of the OP's question. So the best analogy is if OP asked us how they should prepare their steak and I answered that no one should eat red meat at the same time I was gnawing on a steak.

Uberbuddy123

The better analogy is someone telling you that no one should eat red meat while they're gnawing on a steak. We can all stop whenever we want with one swipe of the finger.

The answer is also outside of the scope of the OP's question. So the best analogy is if OP asked us how they should prepare their steak and I answered that no one should eat red meat at the same time I was gnawing on a steak.
No One is telling anyone anything- stop putting words on people's mouth

YukonDew

No One is telling anyone anything- stop putting words on people's mouth
For the record: OP was told not to drive and that they will likely lose money. They were clearly told to stop. (Post #3)

Stay focused Uberbuddy123 – and no need to respond. Unless you have something to add relevant to the OP’s question.

Uberbuddy123

For the record: OP was told not to drive and that they will likely lose money. They were clearly told to stop. (Post #3)

Stay focused Uberbuddy123 – and no need to respond. Unless you have something to add relevant to the OP’s question.
Its a statement in an Internet board- so no one told anybody anything// Heck no one knows anyone

Asq

What state was your license from? Their support was worthless. Gal from Asia who spoke very poor english and was just reading me scripted answers. Maybe I'll go by their green light center and ask in person who know what the hell they are talking about. Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my question.
California. This was 2017 and I even had California plates.