• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Minimum Fares

RaleighUber440

So ive seen postings on facebook of drivers in our area making less then 3 bucks Did they lower the rates in the last month ?
I don’t reckon. Hasn’t happened to me, but I have seen those. I’m guessing they’re from Elon. I heard it through the grapevine those are the rates out there.

Rittz19007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nvm I talked to guy He pays for the extra insurance so Thats what i was seeing Uber taken it out of everyride

RaleighUber440

Nvm I talked to guy He pays for the extra insurance so Thats what i was seeing Uber taken it out of everyride
I thought you worked at support, wouldn’t you know that sorta thing? :wink:. Hey, I love your discreet profile btw!! That’s actually pretty smart. A lot of newbies in that group need some schooling.

Delmar

Yeah I am in Elon 2.25 min ride really sucks. With surge multiplier it was great. Not good with new rate.

Disgusted Driver

Not me, cars still in the shop for another week, 8 days no uber, the shakes have stopped! Kind of feels good but I know I'm going to need to pay the repair bill.

Disgusted Driver

I actually checked and there was nothing in the area. I was on the highway in the middle of nowhere, didn't want to pay for lots of mileage on the tow, so I went with a reputable small garage.

By the way, I got a free tow but anything over 12 miles would have cost me $4 a mile. We are in the wrong business!

grayspinner

My uber last ride was in March - right as the flat surge started.

And though I really ought to add to my regular income, I just can't seem to find any motivation to go online.

grayspinner

You should do df's when you are driving around on errands, pick up the occasional trip and tax deductible miles.
I have done that - I don't seem to get requests worth taking when I do. Even the weeks I was driving during rush hour between Raleigh and Chapel Hill each day to visit with my kiddo (IMO, 4pm-7pm is the WORST time to set as the hospital visiting hours) - I wasn't getting many pings and the ones I got were just too far to go pick up. I would have better luck if I did X rides, but I can't bring myself to do that.

I do need to find some motivation to do some type of side work - those hospital bills are not just going to disappear, no matter how much I wish they would. And my ex certainly isn't going to contribute. I'm just so tired of working multiple jobs - it shouldn't be this hard to make ends meet. Oh well - looks like it's 'time to make the donuts' yet again.