1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Minimum Effort Drivers Hurting Everyone?

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by LondonLuke, Dec 1, 2017.

1. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

This is the case for most of the drivers I run into. I would say over 90% don’t even use a thermal bag. I don’t mind though since they make me look so much better just by putting in a little effort. Standing out increases your chances of getting tipped.

2. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sounds like a guy looking to score free food.

3. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

I had a pretty big Popeyes order today and the customer was so impressed that I had it in the thermal bag. Her exact words were “that thermal bag is such a great idea”. It was nothing by special just the standard black UE bag. I got a $6 in app tip from her before I even got out of her neighborhood

Chris mathews likes this.
  4. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Minimum pay Deserves an EQUAL EFFORT.

5. Kater Gator

Kater Gator Active Member

Most of the time I only drive Uber X, but once in a while I do UE. I never take food to the door. We (drivers) are told to stay in our cars and the customers are instructed to go out to pick up their food. Is that not the case in other markets? I work suburbs of Seattle when doing UE.

6. johnx

johnx Member

my daughter delivers food in a town that doesn't have Uber or Ubereats and their app lets them put a tip on it before she even gets there and she cleans up. If I wasn't doing this for exercise on a bicycle, I would be pretty pissed at the lack of tips on the UE app. I haven't had a tip in the last 14 deliveries and all have been good on my part and many to the door in large apartment buildings. With tips could be a $20/hr job but right now its just a $10/hr job.

7. Goongpad77

Goongpad77 New Member

Right!!! WHY do people not tip on UE??? It’s pathetic.... I hope eveyone makes a concerted effort and simultaneously turns the app off during peak hours where it will hurt Uber the most!

8. johnx

johnx Member

they don't tip because the app isn't set up that way. with my daughter's app, I won't say the city and the service, but she can make over $1,000 a week, it is set up before you even get the food, but you can take the tip away if the delivery is bad. With Uber, it is actually hard to tip because the driver has to exit the delivery first on his phone, and some time has to go by and by that point most people are into their meal. The few times I have used the app as a customer, at my regular job, I have had to restart the app to leave a tip. That plus the fact that once people get their food and the transaction is over, they feel like they want to keep their money. It is Uber, after all. No tip necessary. or at least that must be how they rationalize it. because tips are rare for me. I'm going to say 10-15% delivering to young Dallas city dwellers.

Goongpad77, doggerel and Doowop like this.
  9. StevenInRVA

StevenInRVA Member

uerules.png

I do stuff like carry a thermal bag, get out of my car even if it's curbside (most of the time), dress okay, wear a hat, move quickly on my feet etc....I don't care if it gets me better tips, I'm just trying to do what I would want a delivery person to do for me, act like they actually care. UE can be frustrating some days, but for me personally I love the freedom it gives me to have a chill job most of the time and log in when I want...and still make pretty decent money.

uberboy1212 likes this.
  10. Mikedamirault

Mikedamirault Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There’s a Pizza place that delivers with UberEATS (Pizza Fresca) that on the app has a pickup comment saying “Bring delivery bag during pickup, not bringing the bag will result in a negative rating and possible deactivation” (or something like that), whenever I go to do a pickup, the orders are almost always Pizzas and don’t fit in the bag anyway

11. Sorien

Sorien New Member

I don't use a thermal bag, I have a Styrofoam cooler in the car I drop the food in while traveling. Keeps stuff nice and hot.

Still trying to figure out large pizzas though.

12. ostara81

ostara81 New Member

TIPS = To insure proper service

13. RedANT

RedANT Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Close, but not quite...

To ASSURE proper service. ENSURE could also be used.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 10:41 AM
  14. columbuscatlady

columbuscatlady Active Member

ensure, insure, and assure are all interchangeable

15. islanders88

islanders88 Active Member

there are a couple of places like that in NY. I save my cancellations just for restaurants like those. I even emailed Uber to stop me getting pings from those restaurants. There are other ways to ask a driver to use a thermal bag which frankly i dont see the point of using now.

16. Goongpad77

Goongpad77 New Member

I won’t do UE anymore because it sucks ass where I live. For Postmates and GrubHub I bought pizza bags on Ebay for cheap and free shipping that I write off come tax time. People tip me on those apps so I do the best job I can. Plus I get 13 mile drops on PM so they are needed. I also have boxes, styrofoam cooler and 4 extra hot bags. I’ve been getting tripled down lately at some spots. They all have been filled at once.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 3:53 PM
  17. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Active Member

I haven't had one over ten minutes.

The struggle is real.

18. RedANT

RedANT Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Incorrect again. Being phonetically similar doesn't necessarily make a word interchangeable. (Think to, too, and two)

Assure is to infer confidence.

Ensure is to guarantee an act.

Insure is to protect via an insurance policy or other similar legal medium.

19. columbuscatlady

columbuscatlady Active Member

For chrissakes get a thesaurus. Or visit thesaurus.com... it's for people like you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/assure:
    ensure, insure, assure, secure mean to make a thing or person sure. ensure, insure, and assure are interchangeable in many contexts where they indicate the making certain or inevitable of an outcome, but ensure may imply a virtual guarantee.