• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

mileage per week

KeJorn

shit thats like 4 yrs of reg mileage in 1 yr damn !!!!! i had know idea,,
Yep, at 1500+ miles per week,. that is almost 80,000 miles per year.
Am debating whether to stick with 40K tires or spend a little more for 60 or 80K tires.
The problem are the roads. Crappy roads in Dallas... replaced 3 tires in my first 20K miles due to damage (bubbles forming on the side of the tires, tire slashed from debris along the curb, and just a ton of potholes, etc).
So I'm thinking, buy the cheaper tires, since the chances are good they will need to be replaced anyways due to damage. Go the Discount Tire way and just keep costs down.

limepro

Am debating whether to stick with 40K tires or spend a little more for 60 or 80K tires.
The problem are the roads. Crappy roads in Dallas... replaced 3 tires in my first 20K miles due to damage (bubbles forming on the side of the tires, tire slashed from debris along the curb, and just a ton of potholes, etc).
So I'm thinking, buy the cheaper tires, since the chances are good they will need to be replaced anyways due to damage. Go the Discount Tire way and just keep costs down.
I went with a middle of the road tire rated for 60k mile and tire kingdom had them buy 2 get 2 and they are made in the USA and a known tire brand. They are Cooper tires, all reviews say they are good, I have only had them on for less than 500 miles but they are much quieter than the Continental's that the car came with. Last night in a downpour they handled very well.

KGB7

Get Kumhos from TireRack.

The all season are good, the sidewall is a little soft so you will get a softer ride, but dont drive like a mad man around corners. Take your time and they will last a while.

Rotate tires every 10k miles.

Last edited:

limepro

So this is the vehicle you are worried about? I'm not talking crap about you or the car but it is easily replaceable, if you wreck it tomorrow an exact copy can be had the same day.

This is a car I got rid of last year.

I replaced it with this

And this one will never be replaced

This one I bought and then sold it pretty quick.

If you are into hondas I had this awesome 91 accord wagon, manual trans, I had people asking me for that all the time and finally let it go last year.

muzzy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ugly car the honda,,, what kinda of car did you think i had a Bentley???? this is uber

limepro

ugly car the honda,,, what kinda of car did you think i had a Bentley???? this is uber
The Honda was ugly but very rare and I had people offer me money for it nearly everyday. I appreciate that you care about your car. Any car you use for Uber shouldn't hold any sentimental value otherwise you will just be pissed off everyday due to others lack of respect. I'm a huge car person, I have been building them with my father since I was a little kid and we rebuilt a 65 mustang, next one we built had a 351w in it, the list goes on as growing up we always had a project car and I continued after I moved away. Vehicles that hold sentimental value to me are ones that I had to search for months for the perfect one because there aren't many left, I can't go to the dealership and just order a new one, to me those are just throw away cars that yes, I take care of them, keep them running good and looking good but hold no value.

iMakeTheMaps

hey guys new to ube,,r glanced through the forums and you know how that goes,, can you guys list ur miles for the week and if your full time or part time,, don't know why but when i joined uber i didn't really think about how many miles i would be racking .. thanks

I only work part-time, and a very random schedule, so weekly miles aren't really a thing for me. Typically I work 4-5 hours at a time and my mileage is usually between 115-140 miles. Some weeks nothing at all, some weeks 3-4 nights.

rtaatl

The Honda was ugly but very rare and I had people offer me money for it nearly everyday. I appreciate that you care about your car. Any car you use for Uber shouldn't hold any sentimental value otherwise you will just be pissed off everyday due to others lack of respect. I'm a huge car person, I have been building them with my father since I was a little kid and we rebuilt a 65 mustang, next one we built had a 351w in it, the list goes on as growing up we always had a project car and I continued after I moved away. Vehicles that hold sentimental value to me are ones that I had to search for months for the perfect one because there aren't many left, I can't go to the dealership and just order a new one, to me those are just throw away cars that yes, I take care of them, keep them running good and looking good but hold no value.
I'm surprised you didn't hold onto that RX-7...gotta be pretty hard to find one these days that hasn't been molested by cheesy modifications.

limepro

I'm surprised you didn't hold onto that RX-7...gotta be pretty hard to find one these days that hasn't been molested by cheesy modifications.
I'll get another one probably in the future they are such fun cars. If could get my friends I might jump on it but he has had it since new and I don't see him ever letting it go.

muzzy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
would like to see any pictures of what you have done, before after

KeJorn

I only work part-time, and a very random schedule, so weekly miles aren't really a thing for me. Typically I work 4-5 hours at a time and my mileage is usually between 115-140 miles. Some weeks nothing at all, some weeks 3-4 nights.
Exactly.. Your full time job supplements your driving hobby

limepro

Miles of vacuum lines. Remove half them and car runs better.
Yeah but if you want it close to stock and stay sequential you deal with them. I could have gone simplified sequential but still a bunch of lines, instead got some good silicone line and redid them all.

KGB7

Yeah but if you want it close to stock and stay sequential you deal with them. I could have gone simplified sequential but still a bunch of lines, instead got some good silicone line and redid them all.
Dont be a wuss. Add 3rd wankel and a t78.

Or drop LT1 in to engine bay.

Better yet, a 2jz engine swap.

limepro

Dont be a wuss. Add 3rd wankel and a t78.

Or drop LT1 in to engine bay.

Better yet, a 2jz engine swap.
Lt1? What is this 1990? 2jz swaps are a pita that owners usually don't make it to the end with and require a god awful hood to fit. A good 3 rotor would be wonderful and I had the chance but stock cars go up in value in the long run and are easier to sell. If I wanted a lsx I would buy a corvette, very similar platform and feel.

KGB7

Lt1? What is this 1990? 2jz swaps are a pita that owners usually don't make it to the end with and require a god awful hood to fit. A good 3 rotor would be wonderful and I had the chance but stock cars go up in value in the long run and are easier to sell. If I wanted a lsx I would buy a corvette, very similar platform and feel.
LT1 is being used in 2014 vette.