1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

mileage per week

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by muzzy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. muzzy

muzzy

hey guys new to ube,,r glanced through the forums and you know how that goes,, can you guys list ur miles for the week and if your full time or part time,, don't know why but when i joined uber i didn't really think about how many miles i would be racking .. thanks

2. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper

Driving:
    UberX
    I average about 800 miles a week.

Yes, it hurts my heart.

Welcome to Uber and UPNet!

3. R44KDEN

R44KDEN

At least 1500 miles a week

Luberon likes this.
  4. muzzy

muzzy

you guys put that many miles in a week????? does the pay compensate for that ,,?? thats whats holding me back right now, i have a 2014 that i really take care of , but then i started thinking do i really want to pile on the miles and have the inside of my care ruined.

5. R44KDEN

R44KDEN

Its a question of what you regard as an acceptable return. On UberBlack, I think it is worth it. And the inside of my car isnt ruined (after 4 months of hard work). It gets cleaned 5 times a week and I dont drive nights, no very little risk of someone puking.

6. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    You are going to need to let go just a little of your attachment to your car as it is now, if you intend on driving livery as a steady source of income. Your car is going to see some wear. Whether or not the wages compensate depends on a bunch of factors: The nicer the car, the more you have to lose. The more you drive, the more expenses. Most people don't drive very long and as a result, probably get away with tracking their expenses during the time spent driving Uber. As a rule, from my experience, if you do this kind of work, your car is going to cross some sort of a threshold. Once that point is reached, thins can start to add up. If you have a new car, drive Uber rather casually you might do OK, you also aren't likely to be driving long. 800- 1500 miles/week is hardly casual.

You can always try doing it, keep it casual as possible and go from there. Ease yourself in. Would you be securing insurance designed to cover damage to your vehicle during any of the possible gaps livery work tends to create when personal insurance policies are used by drivers?

You might want to take some time looking at your insurance from the perspective that in an at fault, Uber's James River may or may not cover you. Also, if some sort of damage is caused to your car by a pax: Uber will sometimes go to bat for you, sometime they drop the ball.

If you drive Uber, be prepared, develop a plan for the possibility of having to deal with collecting cleanup/repair fees from pax yourself. Once the pax leave the scene of your car, they are gone and Uber will not help you contact them if you happen to feel Uber is letting them off the hook in terms of compensation.

If something happens to your car, you just can not guarantee any particular response from them in terms of helping you. Be aware of that and plan for it.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  7. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    1k average per week.

You can always get a job at Macys selling mens underwear.

8. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Its just a car, not Queens Jewels.

But but but.... but what?

You; blah blah
    Me: so what?
    You; Blah blah
    Me: :rolleyes:
    You: blah blah
    Me; yawn
    Me; buy me dinner first.
    Me: stop talking or youll crack my mud facial mask.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  9. muzzy

muzzy

its just a car, safe to say your not a car guy???? not planning on full time just part time, seems like weekends are best for my area from what i can see so far, which means the bar scene and i would imagine late night workers, so I'm guessing my runs would be short, the 5.00 customer.. who knows, when i looked into this before joining, it seemed like a good thing to get into, but as i go through the forums and u-tube there seems to be allot of un happy drivers

10. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    I grew out of being a car guy. There are more interesting things in life besides molesting the dash board with my balls. And there are millions of them on the road.

11. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    750 miles per week average doing UberX 30-35 hours.

No, it's not worth it.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  12. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    What do you intend to do about the insurance cloud? Will you disclose or seek rideshare insurance? Rideshare insurance would suggest you wouldn't be in danger of being cancelled under most situations, but it could leave you with gaps in collision coverage.

The damage that occurs from people getting in and out of your car is real, but it is going to happen and you need to be okay with it tom a certain degree.

How are you going to handle insurance concerns? If you are willing to ignore the need to disclose to your personal carrier, risk getting by with personal insurance, and simply focus on your seat cushions and carpeting....... You may have a future as an Uber driver, for the simple reason that your concerns aren't congruent with reality.

What are your thoughts on insurance?

13. Fauxknight

Fauxknight

Driving:
    UberX
    Up to 1200 miles per week full time, usually under a thousand, but I've definitely gone over a few times. Over 40k miles per year, but probably less than 50k miles.

14. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    What kind of car? I'm a car guy but the car I use for Uber is just that, a car that holds no significant value to me. If it is a mass produced car it can easily be replaced when you are finished, if it is a limited production vehicle then I wouldn't suggest using it and most likely you wouldn't be able to anyway.

15. muzzy

muzzy

i didn;t know you can grow out of being a car guy, and do you mean balls or cars on the road????:p:p:p:p

16. KeJorn

KeJorn

Driving:
    UberX
    In DFW, EVERYTHING is far away...
    So anywhere from 1000-1700 miles per week, depending on how many hours I drive (35-60+)

17. KeJorn

KeJorn

Driving:
    UberX
    I have USAA and just recently added Rideshare gap insurance. About $50 extra per 6 months.
    Not perfect, but at least my Insurance KNOWS I am doing this and I have some additional protection.
    Would advise anyone else to do the same. You will sleep a little easier.

Though if you are driving UberX and living paycheck to paycheck, you are likely one accident away from financial disaster even if you do have decent insurance coverage.
    Create a buffer ASAP.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    BostonTaxiDriver and Huberis like this.
  18. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Cars on the road.

19. muzzy

muzzy

**** thats like 4 yrs of reg mileage in 1 yr damn !!!!! i had know idea,,

20. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm still curious what car, watch it be a Hyundai or Honda or some other cheap throw away car.

KGB7 likes this.