1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Might Uber/Lyft try to ID members of this forum?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by johnydynamic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. I think we need to be careful about how much identifying information we include in our posts because I wouldn’t put it past Uber to try to figure out our identities.

Many of you are, no doubt, already careful in this regard, but I have not been.

- I’ve indicated in several posts the town I live in.
    - When some D-bag puked on my car I posted right away (thereby revealing the date and time) and indicated what town I did the pickup in and even the name on the account.

Last night I responded to the thread by the guy who wants to go all beast-mode to make 3k per week. In it I included a bit too much information about how exactly I can stay awake and alert for very long periods of time. Shortly after that the lightbulb went off in my head; do I really want Uber to know this about me? I immediately deleted the post and got to thinking; this forum has lots of members who all rag on Uber/Lyft, and this can influence other drivers. If I were Uber/Lyft, I’d try to identify trouble-makers. I’m not sure what they could do, e.g. pay us less (yeah right) or give us fewer or crappier rides, but they could do something.

That said, I’m revealing my true identity. My avatar is my real picture. My name is Bob. I’m a sophisticated marshmallow....who can drive a a car. I live in Candyland with my wife Marsha.

2. Naw . . .
    They already tracking us through our cell phones.
    They KNOW as soon as we sign in.
    When we wake up . . .

They Listen to you have sex . . .
    Deactivate microphone on your apps !

Is Marsha " fluffy"?
    How many Smores do you have ?

Is Marsha " fluffy"?
    How many Smores do you have ?
    Does Hot Chocolate Hurt ?

3. Uh every mid to large corporation tracks social media. Not to mention this site is full of trolls that are either here as direct company thugs for uber and lyft or people in personnel and recruiting at uber and lyft and other company departments working on own initiative to guard their bonuses and stock options.

4. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    In another life in another business on another forum the same questions came up. Does “The evil big Corporation” monitor the forum?

The answer was an absolute yes. There were individual company employees assigned the task of monitoring social media but also a lot of other employees from top to bottom were on that forum in their own time It wasn’t unusual for me to call customer service and agent I got, knew me through my on line presence I found that I could even communicate with the upper management of that company through the forum.

So I’m betting that Uber is no different There is no question in my mind that there are Uber employees assigned to monitor this forum and that employees at all levels do so on their own time.

5. mbd

mbd

Yes, so you need to protect yourself
    Especially if you are doing cash runs
    With your customers, which I don't
    If you did a cash run in Bronx at 1 am, say that you did a cash run in Denver at 2.30 am ... always do change up in the story .

emdeplam and tohunt4me like this.
  6. Or when they submit the same pictures they used for cleaning.

emdeplam and tohunt4me like this.
  7. DevilShoez

DevilShoez

Driving:
    Lyft
    Ohhh I get it now. Marsha-Mellow. Heh.

8. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Hallelujah...OP sees the lite...8>)

Everybody raise your hands....

and praise the Uber gods on high....8>)

Rakos
    shy-monkey.jpg

9. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

I think you were safe until this post.

10. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I am sure they check things, but if it were as bad as some people think, I would bet more people would be deactivated. Most likely, they read about the surge games, cancellation games, etc., and might use that to cook up ways to prevent, or at least dis-incentivise those practices.

But in terms of numbers. There are too many drivers out there for them to be very concerned about individuals. Unless they receive complaints.

MadTownUberD, Clarity, Z129 and 3 others like this.
  11. Fortunately I haven’t (or at least I think I haven’t) posted anything that I need to worry about. If I actually have done so, and you are right, I’ll find out.

12. LOL OP watches to much tv.

Worries about Uber scanning forums, yet has Amazon Alexa in every room in his house.

13. CarpeNoctem

CarpeNoctem

Driving:
    UberXL
    I think if they really wanted to they might be able to ferret out certain people. They probably do in some instances.

Is this board connected to Uber/lyft in any way? If so, they could match up IP addresses fairly easily.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. nickd8775

nickd8775

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't ever post screenshots and I change minor details so it's hard for an employee to search the database. Even my name on here is not my real name

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  15. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    So wait....you mean to tell me....

That you are NOT a Nick....????

Now I'm confused....8>)

Rakos
    CHI-03-RK1099-01P.JPG

cangold, Z129, woodywho and 1 other person like this.
  16. Pulledclear

Pulledclear

17. Gtown Driver

Gtown Driver

Driving:
    Lyft
    If Uber and Lyft cared to look at this **** with any regularity, the **** people have been complaining about for the last 3 years would not be still a regular thing now. A lot of the stuff people are doing is on local TV NEWS channels with people's faces clearly in the videos and **** dont happen.

Of course there is THE CHANCE, but the general demeanor of the companies shows most likely wont for most people. I'd argue the chance is slightly higher on things like social media apps/sites since those tend to be bigger to the masses these days.

Are they looking now and then or even often? Probably sure. Are they going to fix anything you are talking about or put you under fire for things you say and do? You're probably just anonymous enough here that odds are low. Whatever you're worried about saying or doing people are also saying or doing on news channels and bigger social media platforms.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Rakos likes this.
  18. AllGold

AllGold

I disagree. Most of the things that drivers hate are intentional on the part of Uber because they benefit the company. So no amount of b!tching by drivers will get Uber to change things.

The only way Uber would make changes that actually benefit drivers would be if they have trouble finding enough drivers. And we're about as far from a shortage of drivers as we can possibly be.

19. If it can be put into an algo and automated it is done. If the millenials have to actually intervene and use judgement you are safe.

AllGold and tohunt4me like this.
  20. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No, lol.