• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Middle Eastern Riders

jackaranda77

I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body and I am equally friendly to all riders. That said, whenever my ratings take a hit I've almost always had riders of middle eastern descent in the car that day, or week. My overall rating is good and I'm not worried, but this has been a pattern for months. Has anyone else noticed this?

6SpeedUber

I have not noticed this as I've not picked up many Middle Easterners. Although, I am curious to know how many miles they are traveling, on average?

mtl514

They are by far the friendliest bunch and easy to deal with vs the stuck up suburbanites who need their iphone 6 charged right away.

6SpeedUber

They're friendly, they just seem to give lower ratings. I mostly drive them to work.
I don't want to assume anything, but if i had to guess, they have family/friends who are Taxi drivers. With that being said keep checking on that, not with just Middle Easterners but with all races. This is interesting. Im going to be doing my own analysis now lol. oh and I'm a 28 yr old white male. What race are you if you don't mind me asking?

elelegido

They are by far the friendliest bunch and easy to deal with vs the stuck up suburbanites who need their iphone 6 charged right away.
Best way to counter this is to say you don't offer charging because of liability issues - "a driver colleague of mine lent his charger for a passenger's new $600 iPhone and the charger fried it".

"Oh, wow", say the pax, and you avoid the ratings ding.