Microsoft convention

Brittania

Anyone else having issues driving this group? They don't tip and most leave less than 5 stars. It's brought my rating down.

The Mollusk

Anyone else having issues driving this group? They don't tip and most leave less than 5 stars. It's brought my rating down.
Sorry Brit, I'm having the opposite experience. They're all tipping 20%+. I even had a guy apologize for a short and tipped me 10 on a 4 fare.

A lot of them actually talk about Uber and bring up some pretty interesting points. I always mention that it's incredibly unfair to the drivers and 99% say..." I know ".

Had a dude going downtown for $36, left a $7 tip. Exclaimed that is was sooooo much cheaper in an Uber $13.

" I don't know how that guy made any money, lol"
" he didn't."
" lol"
" he probably made about $4"
" lol"

I was actually a little pissed at the guy. He definitely looked down upon drivers and gave 0 damns about the transaction. As long as his needs were met , he was totally cool with watching you guys destroy yourselves. This is coming from a guy who makes six figures and has probably never had to worry about the power getting shut off, or if he's going to be able to afford dog food.

Brittania

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you don't drive for uber? Who do you drive for?
I've even had the ones who are nice and ask me about me and my kids--explaining to them that I'm a single mom with 2 kids to support, a special education teacher and we don't get paid for summer (which really surprises those from other countries) and I haven't found a job yet for the coming school year. They are polite and don't bother tipping

UberIsAScam

As long as his needs were met , he was totally cool with watching you guys destroy yourselves.
That's a messed up way of thinking and I in no way support that. But to his point...nobody is forcing these idiot Fuber drivers to peddle people around town for free.

Mars Troll Number 4

So you don't drive for uber? Who do you drive for?
I've even had the ones who are nice and ask me about me and my kids--explaining to them that I'm a single mom with 2 kids to support, a special education teacher and we don't get paid for summer (which really surprises those from other countries) and I haven't found a job yet for the coming school year. They are polite and don't bother tipping
Those rates look like taxi rates.
If your interested in not destroying your car making dick bupkiss didly in the process I would sign up to drive Mears. You can literally spend all shift every shift staying in the tourist areas of the airport and no one will care. Don't like working at night? Than the 6:00 am to 6:00 pm shift is right for you.

Don't like driving drunk people. (There aren't many on the 6:00 am shift.

Like working with tourists... No problemo...

Sigh out a 6:00 am shift and be home in in time for dinner before the sun goes down.

You can sit in front of Disney hotels and international drive, hotel row, the malls...

Many drivers rarely if ever even do anything with dispatch.

Some even take out a cab at 5:00 pm and work the airport all evening.

The Mollusk

I'm sure they weren't complaining when the rest of their rides were $4.74
It was a little weird. They honestly didnt care what they paid for the most part. Isn't their money anyhow. Apparently their accounting department doesn't even bother reviewing an expense if it's less than $75.

Gust

Those rates look like taxi rates.
If your interested in not destroying your car making &%[email protected]!* bupkiss didly in the process I would sign up to drive Mears. You can literally spend all shift every shift staying in the tourist areas of the airport and no one will care. Don't like working at night? Than the 6:00 am to 6:00 pm shift is right for you.

Don't like driving drunk people. (There aren't many on the 6:00 am shift.

Like working with tourists... No problemo...

Sigh out a 6:00 am shift and be home in in time for dinner before the sun goes down.

You can sit in front of Disney hotels and international drive, hotel row, the malls...

Many drivers rarely if ever even do anything with dispatch.

Some even take out a cab at 5:00 pm and work the airport all evening.
I dont know about driving mears yellow cabs, but driving their black cars SUCKS. I doubt you can make a decent living driving then