4-WARNED

My understanding is that pickups are currently illegal at MIA. As for PBI I believe uber sent out an email just this past weekend about a new staging lot.

Uber Brazil/USA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My understanding is that pickups are currently illegal at MIA. As for PBI I believe uber sent out an email just this past weekend about a new staging lot.
Sorry, i meant PBI staging lot. Lol. I got that email. Pick ups in Miami are legal, the website mentions staging lot in Miami, that's why I asked. If anyone knows...
Thanks!

4-WARNED

Why does the ticket say 2/3 and not 7/3??
It says 7/3 at the very top and the very bottom. The third instance of the date that you're referring to just looks like the "7" has a cross bar, not a "2". And looks different to the other two instances because it was written by the person who actually received the ticket --- it's written right next to their signature.

Last edited:

phuseche

Ticket says for "advertising". If you go to pick up with an already assigned ride, you are not advertising.

IsleDrive

Update:

JULY 13, 2016 1:30 PM

A secret no more: Uber’s Miami-Dade fleet officially at 9,478 vehicles

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article89357542.html

Ride-hailing company hinted at a lawsuit if Miami-Dade released the number

Number slightly lower than past estimate of 10,000-vehicle fleet
Thanks for the update!
Good to see Uber get a taste of its own lube! Karma for the devil that is POOL!
Now if ALL 9,478 of us would STOP ACCEPTING POOL that would be great!

Last edited:

Ben To

Now if only ALL 9,478 of us would STOP ACCEPTING POOL that would be great!
We'd need a forum in Spanish... some of them can barely work their smart phone, let alone a blog/forum in English.
The worse part is due to the intimidation tactics imposed by Uber and its e-mails/notices, coupled with the cultural defect of "fear" being instilled at birth among our Latin American Communities. They all feel morally obligated to pick up the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th requests. They don't even care about the numbers (gains & expenses) or the excess of work for less. Many are just happy with the slight chance they'll make more than minimum wage, they'll take anything they can.

Welcome to South Florida.

Jae Garcia

We'd need a forum in Spanish... some of them can barely work their smart phone, let alone a blog/forum in English.
The worse part is due to the intimidation tactics imposed by Uber and its e-mails/notices, coupled with the cultural defect of "fear" being instilled at birth among our Latin American Communities. They all feel morally obligated to pick up the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th requests. They don't even care about the numbers (gains & expenses) or the excess of work for less. Many are just happy with the slight chance they'll make more than minimum wage, they'll take anything they can.

Welcome to South Florida.
I will make an effort not to accept these calls. I am rather new. It wasnt until this week that they allowed me to accept pool calls so I was so used to hitting accept that as they poured in this week I didnt realize they were pool until i was with the first rider already. I am not too familiar with the app yet, and I guess I need to pay more attention, I will not be accepting pool today or this weekend. Lets see how that goes for me.

I keep reading about this destination feature and no one at uber can tell me sh*t about it, can anyone tell me if this is something only available to some partners or older partners? I do not have that option, only on Lyft.