Metra UP-N

Chicago-uber

Unless it's a suicide, I never really understood how does a train strikes a person. How can't you see a big train flying towards you?

Mapnik

Unless it's a suicide, I never really understood how does a train strikes a person. How can't you see a big train flying towards you?
Sheesh - I know, right? It's like, hey, man, don't you know trains can kill? Golly. [wait, lemme say that better: Gah-Lee!]

awins

Now a days people get offed by the train from distracted walking. Looking at phone with music going loudly will do it every time.

CigarBoxJimmy

Now a days people get offed by the train from distracted walking. Looking at phone with music going loudly will do it every time.

I grew up with The Milwaukee Road in my backyard...you know it's coming for a while. I don't buy the headphone distraction. They still shake the ground.

CigarBoxJimmy

Ma still lives there. I go about once a week to cut the grass. Even in the front yard, with the mower running, you can feel it in your feet. In the back yard it shakes you all the way up the rib cage. I can only imagine the intensity on the tracks themselves.

isosconfig

Good looking out Whatevs, plenty of time to capitalize. I even knew off the top of my head what line and what stops. From Kenosha to Ravenswood. But I wasn't bout to work that corridor. Southbound LSD after 7......I'd surely have to pee during juicy ride.....excuse me ma'am....have to see a man about a horse behind that tree. Or blazing saddles, excuse me while I whip this out.

lakersfan1

Good looking out Whatevs, plenty of time to capitalize. I even knew off the top of my head what line and what stops. From Kenosha to Ravenswood. But I wasn't bout to work that corridor. Southbound LSD after 7......I'd surely have to pee during juicy ride.....excuse me ma'am....have to see a man about a horse behind that tree. Or blazing saddles, excuse me while I whip this out.

Mad Medic

Go back some years and watch the video of the young woman killed near Downers. There's also the footage of the Burlington accidently killing someone in LaGrange (not behind platform safety line).

The number of pedestrian deaths and injuries has increased dramatically over recent years since iPhones, Smart Phones, facebook and others have increased in popularity.

You see it all the time, some idiot looking down at their phone instead of paying attention