Metlife WTF

SurgeorSuckit

So i went to Metlife, got there around 840ish.. was able to get a good spot in Lot D.. but the surge never got to 4x AT METLIFE. Everywhere AROUND Metlife hit 4.1, 4.2 BRIEFLY. WTF. I was ignoring 3x pings, but then surge dropped to 2.4, then back up to 3x..figured not getting to 4.4 so I took a 3.7x to Penn Station NYC.. traffic was about 15 minutes at the tunnel, and I got out of NYC pretty quick no traffic, but surge was pretty low by the time I got back to the area so i called it quits. Fare was "ok" but nothing to get happy about. (Now 4.4x to Bridgewater and $160 made me happy a while back) Getting into Lot D a little early made a big difference as far as picking up pax and getting out. Was easy actually. If the surge was above 2x when i got back I would have tried for 1 more, but it was only around 1.5..

As i was waiting for pax, i overheard a woman near me say "Our Uber driver just cancelled on us what the hell!" I laughed..

SurgeorSuckit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ouch sorry to hear it.. i took the Penn Station trip cause i had a feeling surge was dying pretty soon. I called pax and asked where they were going.. was more of a take this or nothing kinda thing as i already let a bunch of pings go to the wayside.. its luck of the draw..

easteuropeboy

Ouch sorry to hear it.. i took the Penn Station trip cause i had a feeling surge was dying pretty soon. I called pax and asked where they were going.. was more of a take this or nothing kinda thing as i already let a bunch of pings go to the wayside.. its luck of the draw..
Yeah lucky you

tjoyce82

I got 2 trips. One to Clifton and one to Nutley. 3.6 and 4.2. Sat in traffic getting my second ride. $60 total between the two. Got $5 tips for each ride. Made $70. I got there at 9. I went back a third time but the noobs and dopes were there driving down surge as all I saw were cars on line. So I left at 11:15. So more or less $35/h. I'll take that rate. Going to work McCartney on Sunday night too.

easteuropeboy

I got 2 trips. One to Clifton and one to Nutley. 3.6 and 4.2. Sat in traffic getting my second ride. $60 total between the two. Got $5 tips for each ride. Made $70. I got there at 9. I went back a third time but the noobs and dopes were there driving down surge as all I saw were cars on line. So I left at 11:15. So more or less $35/h. I'll take that rate. Going to work McCartney on Sunday night too.
I should just stay at NA or lyndhurst it was also surging

Rayn10

Normally work events there and always get there early and hang out in lot D. Was running late and never made it into a lot. Picked up a 2.7X to Manhattan. Canceled on one to lyndhurst. Told them the wrong lot and waited the 5 minutes. That was worse than the sold out Guns and roses show and Coldplay was surging in the 6's

robus

Gave metlife a shot yesterday, I finally got my pax to meet up with me, I go over the gps location with him and he didn't realize it was the wrong location and never bothered to tell me they where staying in a hotel on rt3. We wind up in heading into clifton to 3rd st... he took it pretty well overall.

Slim Pete

I reached the stadium late, around 9:40, and traffic was just frozen, hardly moving at all. was watching the surge, it didn't feel like it would hit 4. so i turned on app, ignored three pings, then accepted a 3.1 surge from a passenger just 1 minute away. He found me in less than 30 seconds. It was to 49th Street in Manhattan. just this one trip. by the time I got back to NJ, about 50 minutes later, the surge was over, so i didn't return there.

jerseysam

I reached the stadium late, around 9:40, and traffic was just frozen, hardly moving at all. was watching the surge, it didn't feel like it would hit 4. so i turned on app, ignored three pings, then accepted a 3.1 surge from a passenger just 1 minute away. He found me in less than 30 seconds. It was to 49th Street in Manhattan. just this one trip. by the time I got back to NJ, about 50 minutes later, the surge was over, so i didn't return there.
,,,, i had like 5 XL pings in met life on wednesday with the soccer game no surge when uber x was over 3 never seen that,,