METLIFE today anyone??

ibeam23

Good for you! For my part, I think I'll boycott Jet rides out of their Florham Park practice field. Im tired of driving these non-tipping Jet player jerks and their silly dopey hooker girlfriends anyway.
I've picked up and dropped off there before. Perhaps edit your post so the ants don't all Park at the entrance hoping to meet a celebrity.

LEO2112

IMG_20170922_134110.jpg

Entitled_ Bro

If this is such a divisive issue in the nation, why would you post it here? One side does not want the other to exercise their constitutional right to protest, the other does not see that the materialism and culture they promote as athletes is a significant part of the reason why their community is in distress. Btw, the troops protect the constitution, not the national anthem. Blind patriotism was the reason why the constitution is being trampled on openly by the passing of the "patriot act," which is clearly unconstitutional.

jerseycrooner

If this is such a divisive issue in the nation, why would you post it here? One side does not want the other to exercise their constitutional right to protest, the other does not see that the materialism and culture they promote as athletes is a significant part of the reason why their community is in distress. Btw, the troops protect the constitution, not the national anthem. Blind patriotism was the reason why the constitution is being trampled on openly by the passing of the "patriot act," which is clearly unconstitutional.
Hey look. African Americans are not being gunned down by cops in such high numbers to warrant the display put out by these NFL players! No one wants to hire young black men because Mexicans and Ecuadorians are favored. This has led to high unemployment amongst black men; in some areas as high as 80%. This leads to violence amongst black men and increased interaction with nervous cops. Spoiled rich NFL players disrespecting American national symbols of freedom and country will not change this phenomena. Believe me, many white people feel terrible about what's happened to young black people but disrespecting the very thing that could be the savior (i.e., the United States Constitution) is wrong.

BusinessAsUsual

Hey look. African Americans are not being gunned down by cops in such high numbers to warrant the display put out by these NFL players! No one wants to hire young black men because Mexicans and Ecuadorians are favored. This has led to high unemployment amongst black men; in some areas as high as 80%. This leads to violence amongst black men and increased interaction with nervous cops. Spoiled rich NFL players disrespecting American national symbols of freedom and country will not change this phenomena. Believe me, many white people feel terrible about what's happened to young black people but disrespecting the very thing that could be the savior (i.e., the United States Constitution) is wrong.
That national anthem mentions
Francis Scott Key... The man who wrote the star spangled banner did so after being defeated in battle by a band of British soldiers and the "Colonial Marines" who were a bunch of Black soldiers who were granted their freedom on the condition they fight for the British. This spurred him to write the anthem which not surprising has been dumbed down for modern folks as to not include his most vitriolic verses of said song in which he says "Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave," . Are African Americans really expected to respect this? Not me not ever... To hell with that anthem. And to hell with those who feel some type way about it. My parents never made me stand nor salute any flag. My dad went to service for this country and was honorably discharged. Just to come home and treated like garbage and denied equality at home at every turn because he was a black man. Talk about disrespect? SMH save that rhetoric for your Facebook page of like minded people please...

jerseycrooner

That national anthem mentions

Francis Scott Key... The man who wrote the star spangled banner did so after being defeated in battle by a band of British soldiers and the "Colonial Marines" who were a bunch of Black soldiers who were granted their freedom on the condition they fight for the British. This spurred him to write the anthem which not surprising has been dumbed down for modern folks as to not include his most vitriolic verses of said song in which he says "Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave," . Are African Americans really expected to respect this? Not me not ever... To hell with that anthem. And to hell with those who feel some type way about it. My parents never made me stand nor salute any flag. My dad went to service for this country and was honorably discharged. Just to come home and treated like garbage and denied equality at home at every turn because he was a black man. Talk about disrespect? SMH save that rhetoric for your Facebook page of like minded people please...
Good points and thanks for explaining so much regarding issues I was unaware. My humble opinion is as follows: (1) Perhaps the NFL players could ask that the Star Spangle Banner be replaced or eliminated because of its apparent racist origins; specifically because of omitted racist lyrics; (2) You come to the understanding that hopefully the racism your father experienced is greatly diminished.

Entitled_ Bro

Good points and thanks for explaining so much regarding issues I was unaware. My humble opinion is as follows: (1) Perhaps the NFL players could ask that the Star Spangle Banner be replaced or eliminated because of its apparent racist origins; specifically because of omitted racist lyrics; (2) You come to the understanding that hopefully the racism your father experienced is greatly diminished.

1. Let them protest and show the world what the constitution allows you to do.

Man, you should see what happens at 4.59 pm at a military base, it would put the NFL players to shame. People become record setting athletes at running.

BusinessAsUsual

The national anthem will never be replaced because most people would rather to dwell in a place of ignorance than to admit that all aren't treated equally in America.. to further my point. This has turned into a "disrespecting the military" issue when in actuality people are making excuses to not hear minorities out on a serious issue. I won't make this my soapbox but how is it disrespect to not stand for the national anthem but it's ok to vote in a moron who says John McCain isn't a war hero because he was captured. Im fed up with the double standards that america loves to play around in . Thank you for your response.

jerseycrooner

The original Constitution defined blacks as 3/4 human. Why not trash it too? There is less racism now than 30 years ago and it is better today. A lot of the police murders of black men also involve black cops, as well, but the press covers that up. I know for a fact the take down of poor Eric Garner on Staten Island which resulted in his myrder was ordered by an African American female police sergeant.

The national anthem will never be replaced because most people would rather to dwell in a place of ignorance than to admit that all aren't treated equally in America.. to further my point. This has turned into a "disrespecting the military" issue when in actuality people are making excuses to not hear minorities out on a serious issue. I won't make this my soapbox but how is it disrespect to not stand for the national anthem but it's ok to vote in a moron who says John McCain isn't a war hero because he was captured. Im fed up with the double standards that america loves to play around in . Thank you for your response.
I read the original lyrics of the Star Spangle Banner after Entitled Bro indicated its history. I agree it should be null and voided and maybe replaced and I'm Caucasian.

Last edited: