MetLife 4.7x

SurgeorSuckit

I was curious and turned on the app from home...I'm not going to deal with that cluster F, probably no long rides anyway... surge goes up to Teterboro. Hope some of u make some bank.

Cane

Why didn't you cancel that ride?

I should've called and confirmed location first right? I was literally outside my house looking st the map and turned it on and got the 4.7 over there so I said F it and threw on some sandals and left with my PJs on lol. I should've called though. Smh. Guess it's a lesson learned.

I did roughly the same type of ride during ColdPlay concert... nice fare for the BS of dealing with MetLife traffic... glad ya got a good one.

Got a 40 mile 4.7 ride during that one and I got a smart passenger that walked all the way to me at the beginning of the traffic jam. Made a quick u-turn and didn't have to deal with the mess.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Last night was the most disorganized cl****f**k yet at MetLife stadium. Drivers were sent north from the entrance and just stayed there for over and hour and a half. I gave up after accepting and cancelling with six different passengers as we could not reach Lot E. I picked up two short 4.0 surges outside the stadium after I gave up on ever reaching the Lot E. Smart passengers seemed to realize that they needed to get out of the stadium and order an Uber from there.

Last edited:

Caspita

Last night was the most disorganized cl****f**k yet at MetLife stadium. Drivers were sent north from the entrance and just say there for over and hour and a half. I gave up after accepting and cancelling with six different passengers as we could not reach Lot E. I picked up to short 4.0 surges outside the stadium after I gave up on ever reaching the Lot E. Smart passengers seemed to realize that they needed to get out of the stadium and order an Uber from there.
I was coming from Weehawken after dropping a EWR 2.2 fare then put DF towards my house and when reached Secaucus got matched from Metlife with a 4.7 .. I said f!ed and took it, went in.. took me like 50 mins to get into the lot.. the fare was to Terterboro first then changed destination to a hotel in Paramus.. still my way home LOL .. total 15 miles with detours included, 45 mins trip including waiting times and then the guy threw my a $50 cash tip.. well worth it for me hehe

I was coming from Weehawken after dropping a EWR 2.2

and I must say it was my first time visiting EWR lot last night.. I was close saw the 2+ surge going and the app showing less than 10 cars.. reached there and there was at least 150 lol!.. so people really playing smart .. I when online at 2.3 and got the message to start driving and as soon started moving the car got the 2.2 to Weehawken .. so being my first it was a good experience after all.

Wyza

got a 4.7 20 miler with my DF on, called pax, told him to meet me on the other side of the bridge. i wasn't waiting in that mess lol

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

We had 12 drivers at Metlife last night from our group. As we sat there and tried to connect with passengers we exchanged group texts. We have taken a vacation from driving for Lyft but while we were all sitting there trying to get out of traffic or connect with Uber passengers we decided to check out Lyft. Lyft capped out their fares at 250 percent prime versus Uber's 4.7 surge. A number of drivers said, screw it, I will take a 250 percent prime with Lyft just to get out of there. Each needy and cheap ass Lyft passenger calls us immediately as soon as they get a confirmation from one of our drivers. They were all stuck in Lot E and would not come out and meet us to get out of the Metlife hellhole. But they also did not want to cancel because they were surge shopping and expressed their anger at Uber's surge pricing. When we cancelled with Lyft passengers that we could not reach, we immediately start getting pings for LyftLine rides in Union City and Passaic. We did not respond to any of these. Clearly Uber need to have a meeting with management at Metlife stadium and figure out how to manage traffic and access for Uber drivers. But, Lyft have no strategy at Metlife at all.

This morning our drivers all got the Lyft nastygrams about being warned that calling passengers and them subsequently cancelling is unacceptable on their platform and could lead to driver privileges being revoked.

The bottom line is that Lyft have no business strategy around providing driver service at Metlife or any other venue and rather than admit that they just want to send reprimands to drivers and blame them for Lyft being boxed out last night and having no business and no drivers available elsewhere to pick up their cheap ass passengers. The Lyft nastygrams just repulse drivers from their platform.

Millio007

When que first started at metlife I met my lyft riders in the uber lot like a Boss I told them to say I was with uber with the lot info/numbers. Point of metlife is to get there early before game ends 3rd quarter not when its letting out

SurgeorSuckit

It seems the best way to get a ride when its that much of a traffic jam is to only take pax that are willing to walk away from the mess. If you get caught up in that traffic jam good luck getting out.

ftimmy

It's so ridiculous that they put that Uber lot so close to the stadium, it doesn't make sense. It would be beneficial for the passenger and the driver to have a rideshare lot at the extreme outskirts of the parking lots, maybe towards the west end where the Giants practice field is. The passenger has to do a little walking but it's probably best for them to walk it off a little as they have likely had a bit to drink.

I went to a concert at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego last summer and took an Uber back to the hotel. They had the rideshare lot out at the edge of the property and the driver was able to get on the freeway in 2 minutes.

Caspita

They had the rideshare lot out at the edge of the property and the driver was able to get on the freeway in 2 minutes.

My experience last night as I went into the lot after getting the ping being outside (Secaucus).. the problem was getting in.. it took me about 45-50 mins total.. getting out was a breeze ... probably 2 minutes tops lol... still I agree having the pax walking a little out of there will improve the experience 10 fold.. my pax wasn't willing to walk but he kept saying not to cancel, he'd wait a make it worth my time since he was on companies account.. I decided to risk it and got a $50 cash tip.. $1 per minute stuck in traffic lol... worked for me but still there was risk.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

It's so ridiculous that they put that Uber lot so close to the stadium, it doesn't make sense. It would be beneficial for the passenger and the driver to have a rideshare lot at the extreme outskirts of the parking lots, maybe towards the west end where the Giants practice field is. The passenger has to do a little walking but it's probably best for them to walk it off a little as they have likely had a bit to drink.

I went to a concert at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego last summer and took an Uber back to the hotel. They had the rideshare lot out at the edge of the property and the driver was able to get on the freeway in 2 minutes.

The tragedy for Uber and Lyft is that they never consult their drivers in markets who have experience in running or managing a business. Lyft has a driver council with a group of children on it. We will have to let both companies continue to step on their d*cks before they wise up.

DriverNini

MetLife was a cluster flook last night.. gotta plan my strategies better next time

Attachments

• 20170919_154359.jpg
    20170919_154359.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 41