• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Methadone Clinic

To Mega Therion

I'm shocked at how many drivers work this. I've had crap spilled in my back seat too many times. Also had a junkie couple split up in the car cos he was held in jail and ratted to the cops cos his homie used his car in a robbery.

RogerJS

I'm shocked at how many drivers work this. I've had crap spilled in my back seat too many times. Also had a junkie couple split up in the car cos he was held in jail and ratted to the cops cos his homie used his car in a robbery.
Not to worry... after Friday there will no longer be Lyft pick ups for the methadone clinics

To Mega Therion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why's that? Where did you find out? And is it the methadone clinic only, or all IEHP patients?

RogerJS

Why's that? Where did you find out? And is it the methadone clinic only, or all IEHP patients?
it’s only the methadone clinic that’s confirmed... the other pickups tbd ..
IHEP has called all the clinic users ... starting Saturday they take the bus
There are going to be s lot of screwed drivers

Norm22

Hilarious, they can thank themselves for not ending the trips and doubling back or worse, leaving them open for a few hours. I did one ride last month where the passenger unloaded on the other drivers and all the shady stuff they did. One took my guy to physical therapy and waited, then took him to work. Pax figured out the dude left the ride open when he got off work and dude was waiting to take him home ALL DAY RIDE. IEHP gonna crack down or stop at some point. One driver was deactivated for picking up the same rider every morning. Parked outside their house with coffee even! Lyft waned him several times then shut him off.

RogerJS

Hilarious, they can thank themselves for not ending the trips and doubling back or worse, leaving them open for a few hours. I did one ride last month where the passenger unloaded on the other drivers and all the shady stuff they did. One took my guy to physical therapy and waited, then took him to work. Pax figured out the dude left the ride open when he got off work and dude was waiting to take him home ALL DAY RIDE. IEHP gonna crack down or stop at some point. One driver was deactivated for picking up the same rider every morning. Parked outside their house with coffee even! Lyft waned him several times then shut him off.
The problem is most of the scams have nothing to do with the methadone clinic pax , yes most were getting roundtrips but that’s a driver issue and they were punished by cutting off that driver from that specific pax ... no driver has been deactivated for picking up the same pax every day at worse they get blocked from that pax ...so someone is giving you some BS
The scams are ghost cars and drivers running multiple apps .. and unfortunately the blocking of methadone clients won’t stop that problem..
I’ve been doing IHEP pickups since they started 11 months ago and have contributed to about 75% of my income...

To Mega Therion

Asked two dropoffs to the clinic, they heard some pax were getting banned from Lyft, but not all. Who knows.

Norm22

I was talking about the drivers. Pax who told me about this got picked up by same driver round tripping everyday for 6 months. Brought him coffee. Said he was one of two passengers he took everyday by parking in front of their house. I can only retell the story, truth is unverifiable. Pax said the driver told him Lyft sent him two e-mails to stop as the system was set up to benefit pax not drivers. Pax heard from another drivers that he was shut off two weeks later. Pax never seen him again. No idea if it is true. Either way the door is closing. Different Pax told me her dialysis rides were reduced to 30 year, the rest is now buses...

RogerJS

I was talking about the drivers. Pax who told me about this got picked up by same driver round tripping everyday for 6 months. Brought him coffee. Said he was one of two passengers he took everyday by parking in front of their house. I can only retell the story, truth is unverifiable. Pax said the driver told him Lyft sent him two e-mails to stop as the system was set up to benefit pax not drivers. Pax heard from another drivers that he was shut off two weeks later. Pax never seen him again. No idea if it is true. Either way the door is closing. Different Pax told me her dialysis rides were reduced to 30 year, the rest is now buses...
Yes it is correct if you did roundtrips you risked getting cut off from that pax. But not deactivated

Cdub2k

Sounds like another case where Uber/Lyft treats their drivers like employees rather than independent contractors.

RogerJS

Sounds like another case where Uber/Lyft treats their drivers like employees rather than independent contractors.
It was actually the insurance company/ dispatch company that enforced it.... also for a short time if you got busted doing round trips they would deduct the return trip from your pay ... I think their attorney told that was illegal and it stopped after a few weeks

Norm22

Seemed like an army of regulars and most would wait. That street was aways jammed. I hate to wait so didn't spend much time there. Lots of other medical to get, just not such rapid turnarounds.

RogerJS

Apparently the cut off date has been extended till August 4, IHEP was unable to get the bus passes distributed in time for today’s original cut off

Norm22

I was gonna get on here and tell you the maybe not all were shut off. I drove a lovely couple today. Dude heard the bus passes were coming but thought he was spared. In his eyes he thought it was because IEHP caught someone who had hired four or five drivers to sign up and make one pickup per day and drive (or not) all day on that ride X 4 drivers. He heard from the methadone guys it was in Moval. Several thousand was racked up. Plus referral bonuses. How crappy is that?

Thanks for the update. Today blew, all the regular spots I get consistent rides from were dry. Really the worst day I've ever had driving. :frown: Just gave up and came home.

Last edited:

RogerJS

I was gonna get on here and tell you the maybe not all were shut off. I drove a lovely couple today. Dude heard the bus passes were coming but thought he was spared. In his eyes he thought it was because IEHP caught someone who had hired four or five drivers to sign up and make one pickup per day and drive (or not) all day on that ride X 4 drivers. He heard from the methadone guys it was in Moval. Several thousand was racked up. Plus referral bonuses. How crappy is that?

Thanks for the update. Today blew, all the regular spots I get consistent rides from were dry. Really the worst day I've ever had driving. :frown: Just gave up and came home.
I confirmed with my dispatch supervisor contact today that all methadone pax have been cut off ... the postponement was that the bus passes didn’t get out on time...looks like Friday is the last day for Lyft.
The one exception to the policy is the disabled pax .. which there are many , the first choice of pickup will be the van companies and if there is a schedule problem then Lyft...
The sign up scams I believe 100% and there are also drivers that signed up just for ghost rides.
It’s slow now but in a week we’ll be lucky to do 1 ride every 2 hours ... just like the old Lyft days

Norm22

Yup, I noticed a few handicap vans rolling around lately. One took a rider that told me to no show since I was an hour early. Just went to the ping when I got it. Came back past the house 10 mins later going to another ride. A med van was leaving with the same pax. ? Anyway it's very crowded out there now.

RogerJS

As of yesterday had one early...so not shut down yet?
If your still getting methadone clinic trips it’s either a new IEHP member , a new patient at the clinic and hasn’t been restricted yet or a verified disabled member who has gotten a waiver from the bus it could also be patient that lives is an area with no bus service

Norm22

OK, he said he did just get out of rehab for four months, so he's a new guy. They must have educated the patients because the last couple of them made sure to tell me they had to call for a return, etc. The bus passes leave a crowd at the bench out front.

To Mega Therion

Something's changed; I don't even work the clinic yet my IEHP rides have dropped off precipitously. Drove Riverside yesterday and made $100 in five hours (mostly non-IEHP). So far this morning in PS I've made around $20. Not good.