Metal Promo Ending 8/8????????????

kes1981

Received this email from Uber a few days ago. If you sign up 4 new drivers and they give a ride, you will get 2x earnings for the week of 8/8.

If there are metal promos still running, you would get 4x fares and it seems to apply to ALL rides given (Select, XL, etc). Seems a little too good to be true. Hopefully, this means 4x earnings, but I don't think the metal promos are going to last much longer. Has anybody else received this email?

mghtyred

I saw this too. They are talking about doubling ALL of your earnings though. I'm guessing they won't double the boost earnings though. :wink:

uberloverjon

Kes1981 are you on a medal? Maybe they sent the email only to hourlys? General rule of thumb the way to gauge it is if it makes you REALLY happy then you know there will be a catch! I wouldn't be surprised if it ended.

mghtyred

They're not going to end metals. There is a reason for the metals, and it's not to give us more $.

Plain and simple, the metals are a surge buster. Plain and simple. Pax hate surge, they've made it clear, and Uber will continue to offer metals to fight the surge.

uberloverjon

mghtyred I hear but you gotta understand they are losing money on medal rides. Take for example, a 1.8 ride that cost the pax $10. We get $8x1.8=$14.4. Now Uber got $2 for that ride but they gave $14.4-$8=$6.4, which means they literally lost $6.4 on that ride. Am I right?

Assuming I'm right and the average ride is $10 and there are approx 300,00 drivers in california. Assuming they give one ride per day. That means Uber is losing at least 300,000x$6.4= $1.92Million PER DAY....they simply can't keep it up, thats almost two mil perday they are losing. Am I right here?

Yes I understand not all drivers are medal but the ones that are medal definitely give way more than one ride per day

This thread seems to be pretty noob/troll free so far :smiles:

Last edited:

Taxi Driver in Arizona

mghtyred I hear but you gotta understand they are losing money on medal rides. Take for example, a 1.8 ride that cost the pax $10. We get $8x1.8=$14.4. Now Uber got $2 for that ride but they gave $14.4-$8=$6.4, which means they literally lost $6.4 on that ride. Am I right?

Assuming I'm right and the average ride is $10 and there are approx 300,00 drivers in california. Assuming they give one ride per day. That means Uber is losing at least 300,000x$6.4= $1.92Million PER DAY....they simply can't keep it up, thats almost two mil perday they are losing. Am I right here?

I think you're right, but Uber has a few $Billion in cash right now, so they can afford the metal program for a long time.

Taipan

Your calculation is based on we knew how much Uber charged the PAX. I don't think we do. Once, a customer cancelled a Pool ride and re-requested an UberX ride from me. I've got $2.4 for the cancellation, but the PAX showed me that she was charged over $25 for the cancelled Pool ride. I told her she should check with Uber, because the numbers can't be correct.

uberloverjon

Okay lets say they have $4billion in cash they can burn through. Whats $4billion/2million? Also don't forget california is just one state. They probably have all sorts of other promos going on in other states. I'm telling you guys they can't keep it up for too much longer. Screwber will make things surge-tastic again soon.

Lando74

Okay lets say they have $4billion in cash they can burn through. Whats $4billion/2million? Also don't forget california is just one state. They probably have all sorts of other promos going on in other states. I'm telling you guys they can't keep it up for too much longer. Screwber will make things surge-tastic again soon.
They're doing the same referral program here in Des Moines, too. So it probably is wide spread.

backstreets-trans

Yes I understand not all drivers are medal but the ones that are medal definitely give way more than one ride per day

They have nothing to show for the 15 billion. Their assets aren't much. They own some servers and office furniture but what else. Do they own any buildings or land??? If they go belly up where do investors get their money from. The new Disneyland resort in China only cost 5 billion. Is there enough taxi rides in the world to earn 15 billion dollars???

What about all the legal fees. How many billions for lawyers and settlements??? 15 billion for an app and a lot of disgruntled drivers and customers seems a little expensive to me.

Old Smokey

They're not going to end metals. There is a reason for the metals, and it's not to give us more $.

Plain and simple, the metals are a surge buster. Plain and simple. Pax hate surge, they've made it clear, and Uber will continue to offer metals to fight the surge.
The new program is called "rubbers."

Cascas

How you came up with the metal promos are ending from the content of that email is beyond me.

All it says is if you refer 4 people, they are willing to give you double of your net pay cycle.

How is that related to a promo being discontinued in any way? Do you have any clue how much a driver worths? Have you ever thought about driver acquisition cost?

Giving you an extra thousand bucks is nothing when compared to what they will make off of 4 drivers in a year. Just 2 of them will be enough to pay back what you got in just 2 weeks working full time.

Jbeck

They have almost mastered the time they need to run boost to keep surge down. Basically they raised our pay for short periods to cover that. Not everyone is getting paid the highest multiplers. It sucks because... Now to stay the highest multipler you are working for Uber full time. Full time employee with zero benefits. :frown:

thomas1955

No metal promotions in KC, and way too many drivers for surge to occur but only occasionally. Yesterday did 5 hours online, made $37 net (- $12 fuel). Only way to not lose money is to avoid short -$10 fares, anyone know how to do this ?

Andre445

I saw this too. They are talking about doubling ALL of your earnings though. I'm guessing they won't double the boost earnings though. :wink:

As long as they don't have any solution for surge they gonna continue thesepromotions. Today they call it incentivemaybe later they call it orange or apple . Lol . You are right brah !!