Met goal on first ride...!

Cvillegordo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, set my destination back and got a brewery pickup about half way home. BUT, last time I took a Richmond trip, I did the destination thing back and I got stuck on the west side of the city going back and forth, making very little progress towards Charlottesville. That time I did finally go offline.

Trafficat

Nah, set my destination back and got a brewery pickup about half way home. BUT, last time I took a Richmond trip, I did the destination thing back and I got stuck on the west side of the city going back and forth, making very little progress towards Charlottesville. That time I did finally go offline.
I find that Lyft Destination FIlter is a lot less likely to give you those back and forth rides at this time. Uber algorithm used to work just as well but they messed with it this year in Reno. Of course, I think they test different algorithms in different regions so I don't know what the algorithms do in your area. I pretty much never use Uber Destination Filter anymore. Only Lyft.
Post automatically merged:

If I hit my daily goal with a first ping, I'm good. Right home after and offline.
I worry about the algorithm trying to track drivers with goals. I think if they think you go home as soon as you hit some number, the algorithm might be able to learn that and then try not to send you trips that will put you over your goal to keep you on the road longer.

Last edited:

SHalester

I worry about the algorithm trying to track drivers with goals.
anything is possible. And in my case, not too hard to 'learn'. I work pretty much the same hours M-Th. And the closer I get to $100 the closer I get to going offline most days. There is always multi ants around, so I'm not too worried the system actually gives a hoot about my 3 or so hours a day...mid-day....

Amos69

I find that Lyft Destination FIlter is a lot less likely to give you those back and forth rides at this time. Uber algorithm used to work just as well but they messed with it this year in Reno. Of course, I think they test different algorithms in different regions so I don't know what the algorithms do in your area. I pretty much never use Uber Destination Filter anymore. Only Lyft.

I worry about the algorithm trying to track drivers with goals. I think if they think you go home as soon as you hit some number, the algorithm might be able to learn that and then try not to send you trips that will put you over your goal to keep you on the road longer.
I do not encounter that at all. In fact I do not encounter much app manipulation despite all the wailing on about it. When Gryft still ran 6 filters I was almost always on filter. Now that it's 2/2 I still spend more than 50% of time on filter.

I had a first trip that was 215, so I kept working and went home with 565 - then I went to the library and went -1200 whatever, pax out hur throwing money these days.

SHalester

Nah... @SHalester drives to get away from the Ball & Chain....
...and if school doesn't start normally ie full time I'll be driving to get away from child too.....

Why cut play time so short
to 'hit' close to my goal is a single SFO airport run. That's min 2 hours round trip. My 'normal' shift with Uber is maybe 3 hours per day and then another 2ish hours with HSD. That's it. Part time. Uber I can stop early; HSD not so much since it is is all prebooked, preselected rides.

Last edited: