• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Messages start as soon as I accept the ride

LyftUberFuwabolewa

It's it's a pool ride no less. I accept the ride and as soon as I do I get a message from the rider saying I am here.

I have seen that before. I'm assuming it's one of the ready-made messages in the Uber app since I have received the same message verbatim many times.

I'm not sure what useful information that message conveys. Isn't that how that works? The rider is at the location they specify and we go there and pick them up? Have I been doing it wrong all along?

Anyway I figure I should be polite and acknowledge the message so I hit the ready-made "okay got it" button. Then I immediately get another message saying "I am waiting for you". I reach up and cancel.

So I just want to make sure I understand this right. You mean the rider books the ride with the pickup location being where they're at? And then they wait for us to come? men there's so much about this job I didn't know.

ZenUber

It's it's a pool ride no less. I accept the ride and as soon as I do I get a message from the rider saying I am here.

I have seen that before. I'm assuming it's one of the ready-made messages in the Uber app since I have received the same message verbatim many times.

I'm not sure what useful information that message conveys. Isn't that how that works? The rider is at the location they specify and we go there and pick them up? Have I been doing it wrong all along?

Anyway I figure I should be polite and acknowledge the message so I hit the ready-made "okay got it" button. Then I immediately get another message saying "I am waiting for you". I reach up and cancel.

So I just want to make sure I understand this right. You mean the rider books the ride with the pickup location being where they're at? And then they wait for us to come? men there's so much about this job I didn't know.
Well done. You get an A

Udrivevegas

Had one exactly like that. First text, I am here. As I'm approaching the stoplight, next text, what's taking so long. Texted back, I'm at the light(can actually see them), but if you're that impatient, get another driver. Cancel. And drove past them when the light turned green.

JohnnyBravo836

Had one exactly like that. First text, I am here. As I'm approaching the stoplight, next text, what's taking so long. Texted back, I'm at the light(can actually see them), but if you're that impatient, get another driver. Cancel. And drove past them when the light turned green.
Yeah, "what's taking so long?" really means "it's about to get a lot longer . . ."

Taxi2Uber

I accept the ride and as soon as I do I get a message from the rider saying "I am here".
What's wrong with that?
Rider is informing you that they are toes-to-the-curb ready to go.
Seems courteous to me.

If they the send the "I'm waiting for you" text.
If I do respond, it's with a "I hope so"
What's the big deal?
Post automatically merged:

Since that feature I’ve never heard anyone say any color but orange
I always get red. Wonder if they divide it up so we always just get one color no matter the pax?
That's your designated color.
Mine is purple.
There are of course many other drivers that share our colors.

25rides7daysaweek

Make an auto answer text that says
"be in the car in 2 minutes
or I'm shuffling you"...

Udrivevegas

What's wrong with that?
Rider is informing you that they are toes-to-the-curb ready to go.
Seems courteous to me.

If they the send the "I'm waiting for you" text.
If I do respond, it's with a "I hope so"
What's the big deal?
Post automatically merged:

That's your designated color.
Mine is purple.
There are of course many other drivers that share our colors.
Thanks! Glad someone knows for sure. Were you told that by an Uber employee or did you read it on their website somewhere? I know you're not just assuming. 🙄

Taxi2Uber

Thanks! Glad someone knows for sure. Were you told that by an Uber employee or did you read it on their website somewhere? I know you're not just assuming. 🙄
From an interview with Uber senior product manager for rider experience, when the Spotlight feature was released,
"Each driver gets assigned a semi-unique color..."