• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Melbourne Airport no legal rights !!

Qantas B

Drivers be warned uber has NO legal right to drop or collect riders from Melbourne Airport

PWC

Justadude

What are you people talking about?? Uber Ants have strategies right! Give the bros some credit !At least they are trying to earn a QUID>>>>>>oops......$....i dont blame the bros for reaching out to the Airport.Beats than been on the CentrLink? doesnt every one agree?
Agreed anything to keep people off the dole is a win in my book!

Justadude

O
I'll drop off and pick up whoever I please. If the taxi drivers in the rank are complaining about longer times in the boot then take an extra pillow to work.
r catch up on all those important conversations you seem to need to have. I couldn't talk on the phone that long if I fu(king tried!

Justadude

Actually i take my hat off to you! You think outside the box!! What laaws are the brothers breaking?they arent on drugs?And i mean legal and illegal,and so on....let them try and if they get caught then they suffer PAIN!!!!LOL THIS brotherly action will JUSTIFY EVERYONES JOB AT THE AIRPORT!!!!!!!Has anyone thought of that!!!!!!!!!!Whys is a crime for a BROTHER TO TRY AND AT LEAST SEE what he can get away with and keep all those boring airport people in and on the TOES!!I SAY GO BROS!!!!good luck!!!!!!

ALL the bros at the AIRPORT go and flourish and try and earn a dollar and keep all the miserable airport people on the TOES!!!!!AIRPORT=SKYS THE LIMIT!!!!
I'm not going to lie I didn't realise people can't use the emergency lane
Right hand lane marked EL yeah? I just figured you get out of the way of emergency vehicles if they need to get through.
Now if your talking left hand shoulder emergency lane, that is pretty stupid and I wouldn't do it but if you wanna risk not expect sympathy if you get a sh1t rating for no knowing how to drive

χ²(1)

I'm not going to lie I didn't realise people can't use the emergency lane
Right hand lane marked EL yeah? I just figured you get out of the way of emergency vehicles if they need to get through.
EL = Express Lane (not emergency lane). It's essentially a transit lane, similar to that on the Eastern Fwy.
tullyupgrade.jpg

Justadude

Many in QLD seem to think Uber is tax-free from speaking to drivers firsthand. Whats your opinion on drivers receiving benefits and not declaring Uber income?
My thoughts are I don't have the composure to deal with Centrelink for the pittance they will give me. Plus it's hard to convince them I can't find a job as a qualified chef who's lived in Melbourne his whole life.

From a moral standpoint I have mixed opinions.
On one hand at least they are working and not just claiming benefits, but I mean sh1t like that comes back to bite you eventually anyway.

On the other hand scamming like that only really ends up hurting the people that need the benefits more, so for that I can't really get behind them

Its okyou dont have to realise!When you get booked in anyway you ll know the PAIN!!!!Dont start crying or sobbing when you get your PRESENT!!!!!
Are we talking left or right emergency lanes?

Justadude

EL = Express Lane (not emergency lane). It's essentially a transit lane, similar to that on the Eastern Fwy.
View attachment 109666
Ok that's what I thought, well I fu(led up and thought EL might have been emergency lane because im apparently that dumb this morning.

So am I to understand some people are using the left hand shoulder that's very clearly Nat an extra lane just because there's traffic?

Which ever occurs,legal or illegal.You can read? you can see? you can drive right? the know your laws bro,IF!!!! you break a road law TOG Officer wont care,,Here is ya fiine have a nice day!!!
Wow your pretty high and mighty there bro. Sorry for getting confused by what you were talking about. I will try and be more like the all might George from now on.
Sorry boss man

Justadude

Haha i like your sarcasm! Just be yaself and youll be ok!!!Dont try and be like me you lose a lot!!!!!
Haha I'm glad you got it, my English missus thinks I don't get sarcasm.

All in all wasn't having a go just friendly banter. I dunno man you seem alright to me, other ants aren't so relaxed

Justadude

The left shoulder has exceptions during morning peak. Note these signs do not apply for the whole length of the freeway, you have to pay attention to the location.
View attachment 109674
http://goo.gl/maps/DN8UnXDgGX92
Yeah sorry That's true there are area you can but I was thinking further up, say Tullamarine fwy around Mickleham road where there always traffic in the morning going to airport

Its cool ma friend,we all Bros here try to make a quid,belive me i know what it is like to go down any road os skid!!! been there!! not saying i know everything!Your cool dood
True that man, all about that elusive $$$ haha. Anyone who says they know everything is a liar, anyone admitting they don't, alright in my book

Justadude

Many in QLD seem to think Uber is tax-free from speaking to drivers firsthand. Whats your opinion on drivers receiving benefits and not declaring Uber income?
What are your thoughts? You asked the question but never got involved

Scottie B

sorry, but Uber has NO LEGAL RIGHTS IN VICTORIA full stop, my attitude is simple. If I finish a job in a area which doesn't support the X app its open slather and Uber have no say in what I do as they don't provide a service there for X partners.

Le6end

Is this "Quantas B" guy a taxi driver?
sounds like hes from Virgin to me HA HA
We UBER drivers have all the right and authority by the Australian laws to drive at the airport.
i pick up from mcdonalds and the hotel all the time .
taxi drivers can build a bridge and gewt over it lol